• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Project Postal

CJAYS

Legacy Registered User
City
Parrish
State
Fl
Just bought a postal scrambler. It needs some body work. The new side panels have arrived, needs driver side floorboards (right side). :cool: Probably going to do a 4.0 conversion. Here are some pics

Last edited:

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
YES!!! WOOHOOO!!!!!

:D :D :D :thumbsup:

Mine has the exact same floormat material, but my floor isn't nearly as bad. On the other hand, the rest of the body on yours looks much better than mine.

What all are you going to replace on the sides? Mine are so much worse than yours that I should get your old sides and weld them in place of mine ;)

Does the top still have most of the insulation? What's the interior condition in the bed? Had someone else removed the top before?

Is that a sticker on the dash above the radio opening? I don't have that, can you make anything out on it?

CJAYS

Legacy Registered User
City
Parrish
State
Fl
I got the rear side replacement panels from Omix Ada. I got a floorboard section out of a yj tub and I may (hopefully not) have to replace part of the wheel housings. I'm probably going to have to peice in some patches for the panel below the door opening. Being from Pittsburgh and growing up with rusty cars and trucks and after moving to California, I swore I would never own another rusty vehicle. But as you know all too well, the postal scramblers tend to have rust issues to some degree. Still gathering parts and trying to find a body shop that has experience in this type of restoration.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
CJ8LVR said:
Dude,
The shifter is on the wrong side!:eek:

So's the steering wheel, pedals, master cylinder, steering box, drag link, ebrake, grab handle, all gages/switches, glovebox, and battery! Ain't it cool???!!! :smokin:

jscherb

CJ-8 Member
City
Elmira
State
NY
Welcome to the "World Cab Hardtop Club" :-) A pretty exclusive group!

Plenty of help for you here in the forum - you've already connected with Eric, he's the master of that wrong-side-drive stuff. Also there's some experience here on this board with World Cab top restoration... let us know how we can help...

Jeff

http://home.roadrunner.com/~jscherb/scrambler//hardtop.htm

DSCN2461.JPG

Last edited:

revho

$9.00 vanilla malt
Lifetime Member
City
beaverdam
State
MI
Those postals are wacky.

Did you get that one off craigslist? The pics look familiar...

Good luck with the panel replacements, post the pics as you progress so I have some idea's.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
BTW, the email notifications to your thread are bouncing because the email you have on file here is inactive. Just a heads-up.

CJAYS

Legacy Registered User
City
Parrish
State
Fl
Thanks Jeff I'am sure I'll have some ??? Yes this was a craigslist find. Thanks Eric for the heads up on my email problem it should be fixed now. Does anyone know if that back door glass gasket is available?

Last edited:

revho

$9.00 vanilla malt
Lifetime Member
City
beaverdam
State
MI
CJAYS said:
Thanks Jeff I'am sure I'll have some ??? Yes this was a craigslist find. Thanks Eric for the heads up on my email problem it should be fixed now. Does anyone know if that back door glass gasket is available?

About time for a yearly update on this?

CJAYS

Legacy Registered User
City
Parrish
State
Fl
Update.... Its been a very busy year replaced the 258 with a 4.0 it runs great and its california smog legal!!! the right side sheet metal is coming along still alot of welding to do.

Attachments

• 0404091656.jpg
    0404091656.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 211
  • 0404091724b.jpg
    0404091724b.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 208

CJAYS

Legacy Registered User
City
Parrish
State
Fl
more pics

Attachments

• 0404091828.jpg
    0404091828.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 197
  • 0404091816.jpg
    0404091816.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 201

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Nice... I need to get to work on my sheetmetal too. :rolleyes: Putting on the body armor that covers all the bad crap was not good in terms of motivating me to work on it through. :shrug: