• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Cj-8 Hot Wheels and Matchbox

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I've got 2 of the original issue in metallic burgundy.:D

Scramblerman84

Legacy Registered User
City
Lansing
State
MI
Where can I find those!! My younger sibblings have caught the jeep bug at the ages of 2 and 4! Needless to say a power wheels jeep is in the near future!! :D

BOBCAT

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Louisville
State
Ky
I've got 2 of the orginals also.

Don

scrambler81

Basic User
City
Hammonton
State
NJ
I've got two of the silver ones with the RoughRider tires, two brown ones, a black one with the grill altered and the Jeep name removed, and a blue one that was sold in Mexico.
Do we know if that one there is a regular release? I'll need to hunt it down.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Mine live on top of the TV in the living room.:D

(The ones on each end are Mini-Lindy Jeepsters)

attachment.php

ibscrmbln

Ken Waters
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Topeka
State
KS
I have a silver one with black top. It has 1982 stamped on the bottom.

All of them that I have seen have a metal flake paint job which seems more appropriate for a power boat than a Scrambler.

Later, Ken

RandyLL

1 Long CJ
City
Highland
State
IL
I think I have about 100 matchbox/hotwheels jeeps. Most are older ones that I paid too much for on Ebay. They're normally displayed in racks designed to hold blister packs, but right not they're still boxed up from the move. I also have one extra scrambler that I have cut the hard top off and am trying to modify and paint to match mine.

CJeep

Scrambled
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Easton
State
CT
Have a blue one for my son (age 3).

But this new release looks even better with more detail. Not crazy about the wheels, but I'm sure I'll stock up.

1x1_Speed_Craig

Simplify...
City
Greeneville
State
TN
I work for a major Midwest retailer who carries Hot Wheels, and the Scrambler is coming out in a May (timeframe) assortment of vehicles. I'm going to see if I can get ahold of a couple of them once they're available.

Craig

jak inc

I H8 RUST!
Lifetime Member
City
Merton
State
WI
Finally found some!

I have been keeping my eye out for the Hot Wheels Jeep Scrambler for a while now.

Well, the wife came home with three of them today. The store was just stocked and she bought the three they had. One is for my daughter, another for my son, and the last one for my godson. I am still going to look for a few more, as I would like to paint up a few customs.

Has anybody else found them in their area yet?

Jeff

PetesCj-8

CJ-8 Member
City
slatington
State
pa
Jeez I forgot about this and I was the OP! :crazy: Where did you find them? I dont do any shopping per say myself so any help would be apreciated

1x1_Speed_Craig

Simplify...
City
Greeneville
State
TN
I picked up a case of 12 Scramblers not long ago...benefits of working at a retailer who carries them. :D I have yet to see them in a store, though.

Craig