• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

spankrjs's Biloxi, MS '83 Scrambler

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Here are some pics of my 1983 Scrambler. It is pretty much all stock and original, except for the paint. The second owner repainted the Jeep about 5 years ago, back to the original color. The color is Sherwood Green. No rust. I am only the third owner.

116,000 miles
258 l6, even still has the computer controled carb, which still works
T5 tranny and Dana 300 T-Case
Dana 30 and AMC 20 with 3.31's (rear end has Track-Lok)
PS, PB, and tilt steering column
NO clock,tach, or AC
Had a swing away carrier originally, but was damaged.

Only plan to keep it running as is. Try to keep it original. The only things I am going to add are a NOS rollbar spare tire carrier and a NOS rear bumper.

These are the three pictures from the original "For Sale" ad I found on the internet:

old203_zpsd20dnht4-1.jpg

old202_zpscfbhyvvc-1.jpg

old201_zpsxj4wm13b-1.jpg

I removed most of the diamond plate/wierd radio antaenna shortly after I brought it home.

Last edited:

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Welcome! Nice ride.

Mind if I move this to the Scramblings section so more people see it and "meet" you and your rig?

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
No problem on moving it. I have some more pics to post, too.:D

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Wow, that's incredible. You can really tell in the closeups. :bow:

Nice job with all the pics! I can tell you'll fit right in around here ;)

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Beautiful. I love green. Welcome!

Truck

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Manassas
State
Va
Very nice. I love that color scheme.

Truck

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Appreciate all the comments. I like the color, too. I haven't seen too many Jeeps, let alone Scramblers, with this color.

CJ8LVR

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Madison
State
AL
I'm afraid I can't see it too well. Just not enough pictures...gonna have to see it in person. You'll just have to bring it up to Hot Springs in June for us all to inspect it much closer!

Just kidding. Seriously would love to see it in Hot Springs. Wouldn't be too bad a drive for ya.

Great looking Scrambler. I've got an '82 in Sherwood Green. Don't see too many that color. It's probably my favorite. Great job on the paint too! Somebody did it right it looks like.

Welcome.

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
If I get time to put a clutch and a pinion oil seal in it before then, might have to make the drive. Throwout bearing is making a little noise, clutch is a little weak, not slipping yet, and the rear pinion oil seal likes to spray the bottom of the bed. I'll see what I can do:D

trust

PITA
City
White Rock
State
NM
Very nice!!! I don't recall the two tone wheels, I've seen them on other jeeps but always as an owner mod, they look like a very nice touch to yours,

Oh, before you hear it from BW, way to many pics!........ The rest of us love them but for some reason he complains.... (JK)

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
The second owner painted the wheels. The original white ones were rusty. He sand blasted them, then painted them to match the top. The chrome trim rings on the wheels came off a '80's model chevy truck, he said he had them laying around. They are a little different from the standard white or chrome, but I have grown to like them. Appreciate the comments:)

MarknessMonster

Amiable Jeeper
City
Western
State
CO
I thought that AMC had an option for chrome wheel rings on the generic models. I've seen plenty of examples over the years, but never paid much attention to them and simply assumed they were stock. Regardless of the photographed Jeep in this thread with non-stock rings, isn't this information correct?

Last edited:

colts439

Basic User
City
Ashland
State
MO
BILOXI MISSSISSIPPI! I am headed to gulfport and Gautier this weekend. I lived in orange grove (north gulfport) for three years. LOVE THE SCRAMBLER! THE COLOR IS SWEET!!
Maybe we can hook up when i am down there (would love to see it in person.

Brad

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Hey Bob, everything is good:cheers: This thread was kinda stuck somewhere between this topic and the regional threads when the site updated??:shrug::shrug:

Need to take some new pics, got the back bumper on and the rolllbar mounted spare, too:D

Later:cheers: