• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Factory Photo's Thread

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx
These look to be Factory photo's from before Scrambler was released.
Check out the emblems and Laredo hood lettering:
Chocolate (which AMC color is that?) one must of been pre-production or artist rendering.

I searched and couldn't find thread on factory photo's so with new Historical on CJ-8 figured these photo's of photo's would be good start....

please post any factory photo's that you may have.

DSC03016-1.jpg

DSC03015-1.jpg

DSC03019-1.jpg

DSC03017-1.jpg

DSC03018-1.jpg

jak inc

I H8 RUST!
Lifetime Member
City
Merton
State
WI
Very cool pics Red Mistress! Thanks for posting them up.

Has anyone ever seen an original 1981 Scrambler with lever type handles on the doors instead of paddles? My brother had an original 1981 Scrambler SL with paddles used on the doors.

Also, the Laredo graphics look exactly like what I have on my original paint and decals 1980 CJ-7. Very interesting.

Jeff

Last edited:

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I'd frame those and display the crap outa them! :D

Very cool! The lines on that soft top look an awful lot like those on a World Cab.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
That soft top does look like a world cab. Sure is tall...looks a bit awkward to me.

Cool pics! :thumbsup:

I have an old b&w from WWII of a Jeep parked in front of a B25. My dad flew 25's, and I'm a Jeep guy, so that photo holds a special place in my heart. Found the pic in one of those piles at an antique store shortly before my dad passed away.

2664090060041433204S600x600Q85-1.jpg

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx
Cool pics

Glad everyone enjoyed the pics.

Figured the Historical section of this forum would be good place to put up pics of brochures and any other cool looking Jeep pics.
:drool:

No comments on the Chocolate brown Scrambler's front grill? Looks like a DJ that was cut?

Anyone ever seen the CJ-8 emblems? I can take a close up pic.

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Here are a few brochure pics I have which I'm sure most of you have seen.
81Scramblerad2-1.jpg

81Scramblerad3-1.jpg

81Scramblerad4-1.jpg

1982Brochure2-1.jpg

world2-2.jpg

Scramblerad1-1.jpg

82_jeep_scrambler-1.jpg

81Scramblerad6-1.jpg

Robdesigns

Legacy Registered User
City
Central MA
State
MA
That chocolate brown Scrambler is a rendering. I can see the marker strokes on the curve of the hood. Also look at the wheels, the perspective on the rear wheel is a bit off.

Rob

rustycrawler

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Reston
State
VA
Has anyone installed one of those factory storage boxes pictured above in the back of their Scrambler?

Great photos by the way....

Last edited:

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
I see now that not all Scramblers have the "Scrambler" emblem on the rear quarters. Is that correct? I assumed that all 8's had them-

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
I see now that not all Scramblers have the "Scrambler" emblem on the rear quarters. Is that correct? I assumed that all 8's had them-

I believe that was only on '84-'85 models. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
The '83 sales brochure I have shows the "Scrambler" emblem on the rear side panel. I think these emblems came on Scramblers that didnt come with the "Scrambler" decals on the sides of the hood:shrug: The picture I have shows a red, base model scrambler, solid steel white rims, no decals, but it shows the chrome scrambler emblem on the rear side panel:shrug:

Joe West

Arizona Virtual Jeep Club
Lifetime Member
City
Laurinburg
State
NC
I'm still hoping to see a factory picture of a Scrambler with a roll bar mounted spare and wood side rails. To date... I haven't seen a single factory picture of any year Scrambler equipped with a roll bar mounted spare and wood side rails. I want to add wood side rails to my Scrambler in the worst way, but I'm not sure I want to if the factory didn't offer it that way.

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Has anyone installed one of those factory storage boxes pictured above in the back of their Scrambler?

Great photos by the way....

I've thought about doing that but the few "Jeep boxes" I've found have either been sold before I could get them or were out of my price range.

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx
CJ pics

Suprised no one mentioned the 8" Chrome wheels pictured that are not drilled for center caps.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen wood side rails and spare tire on rollbar....in a factory photo. They would both fit, just going to take some digging to find photo.

The plastic Jeep storage boxes are for CJ-7 only.
There was also a early metal storage box that was sold through Kaiser era Jeep dealers.

probably has the slate blue interior !
DSC03026-1.jpg

Really like this pic with the ultralight plane.

DSC03022-1.jpg

This is not Scrambler, but my favorite Jeep factory photo....Starskey & Hutch with their babes washing their Jeep Sportside. 2500 Sportside's built from left over Jeep Gladiator thriftside beds.

DSC03027-1.jpg

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
I have a set of the 8" chrome wheels without the center cap holes. They are currently on the Scrambler. Damn Slate Blue interior...it's driving me crazy. :crazy:

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx
8" Chrome Wheels drilled for center caps

The significance of the non-drilled 8" wheels on a Scrambler factory photo... is that it sorta dates the photo as being before 1981.

1981 was one year only to have 8" chrome wheels drilled for center caps.

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
The significance of the non-drilled 8" wheels on a Scrambler factory photo... is that it sorta dates the photo as being before 1981.

1981 was one year only to have 8" chrome wheels drilled for center caps.

Thanks for the info! I was wondering when they switched and why the 15x8's didn't have the holes.

JEEPTHRILLS

Legacy Registered User
City
State
I'm still hoping to see a factory picture of a Scrambler with a roll bar mounted spare and wood side rails. To date... I haven't seen a single factory picture of any year Scrambler equipped with a roll bar mounted spare and wood side rails. I want to add wood side rails to my Scrambler in the worst way, but I'm not sure I want to if the factory didn't offer it that way.

The roll bar I acquired from Flagjeep was from his 1984. It had the boss for the tire mount, and the little holes from the wood siderails.

bobbysjeep

Legacy Registered User
City
Charlotte
State
NC
I thought this stuff was neat. I tried to get the pages that had CJ stuff on them.
DSCI0163-1.jpg

DSCI0165-1.jpg

DSCI0166-1.jpg

DSCI0167-1.jpg

DSCI0168-1.jpg

DSCI0169-1.jpg

DSCI0170-1.jpg

DSCI0171-1.jpg

DSCI0172-1.jpg

DSCI0173-1.jpg