• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

CJ5 Build

CJ51974

Basic User
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Hey, Im posting because i met bigwalton over the weekend at a campground in PA, he was checking out my 1974 CJ5, He told me about the forum, I figure I would check it out. Nice to meet you, thanks for the compliments about my jeep. Attached are some pics from the build, then the spring over lift, and just some other stuff.

-Adam

1-2.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

41-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

jims chop shop

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
stafford
State
va
NICE CJ5,
IN THE TWO FIRST PICS ,I THOUGHT BIG WALT WAS MESSING WITH YOU
I ALSO LIKE THAT YOU USE IT

I DO NOT WANT TO WHEEL MY CJ8
attachment.php

SO I BOUGHT THIS FOR A TRAIL RIG(ONLY)IT HAS BEEN ROLLED,SO I GOT IT FOR $400
DOES RUN AND DRIVE,BUT I NEED TO REPLACE THE REAR AXLE
attachment.php

attachment.php

I LIKE ALL CJ'S,WELCOME TO CJ8 SCRAMBLER .COM

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Hey Adam! I didn't figure you'd actually come check this place out... very cool pics, we love all Jeep builds (I moved your post to the non-scrambler builds forum that we started for just this reason)

This -5 is built the way I like to see Jeeps built, it's nice, but it's really built for function over form. Clean but obviously loved and wheeled as it should be. Kate was loving this thing, she's a big fan of -5s (mainly after seeing Ted's museum piece in person ;) )

The campsite we had was two over from Adam's and his friends. They had an XJ there in addition to the -5, the site between us had a Commander and a Grand, and then we had our JK and a Grand. It was basically like a Jeep commercial on our end of the campground :thumbsup:

Thanks for dropping in. Be sure to tell anyone you come across in a Scrambler about this place.

wrench57

Basic User
City
Rupert
State
Id
I see that you dropped a V-8 into your rig. Same thing that I am doing to a 67 jeepster. Do you have any pictures of your radiator setup and what you had to do to mount it. Also any problems with cooling . Thanks, Rick