• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

New floor pans

OGRES

Ramblin' Wreck
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Suwanee
State
GA
So my scrambler obviously had some repairs made to both front floor pans at some point in it's life. Both sides were not replaced very well at all. I would like to replace the floor pans with some new sheet metal.

My big question is where to get CJ-8 specific floor pans? Are all CJ floor pan panels the same? Will CJ-7 panels fit in the 8?

I have found some replacement panels on EBAY that are 18 gauge and are selling for $30 a piece or $60 for a set. Does this sound right?

I am willing to bet that even a crappy set of floor pans is better than what I have now so I am thinking that $60 plus shipping might be a good deal.

Thoughts?

OGRES

Ramblin' Wreck
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Suwanee
State
GA
I hadn't seen those on Quadratec. I found another replacement pan they had that didn't have as much steel on the sides...almost like it was just for the actual floor section.

Thanks for the link.

CBRogers

Perpetual Parts Collector
Lifetime Member
City
Yorktown
State
Va
Try these.

http://www.classicent.com/jeep.php

Everybody who has bought from them has not had an issue with Quality.

The front area of the floor is the same for all late model CJ's and YJ's. That is back to the rise for the rear floor. The CJ-8 has a different rear floor, obviously.

If you just have a bad foot well they sell that small piece, they also sell one that goes firewall to just behind B-Pillar, or even the whole stamped floor board.

Best idea is only to cut out what is really bad. Sometimes getting the whole floor board to match up can be an issue. You are working with metal that is 30 years old and has been pushed and pulled out of shape a lot.

If you just need foot well it can actually go regular shipping and not cost that much. The whole floor board usually has to go truck freight and that can get expensive.

Look at their web page and see what you can get away with. Oh, and you might need to look at the Toe board support too.

Carl

OGRES

Ramblin' Wreck
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Suwanee
State
GA
Try these.

http://www.classicent.com/jeep.php

Everybody who has bought from them has not had an issue with Quality.

The front area of the floor is the same for all late model CJ's and YJ's. That is back to the rise for the rear floor. The CJ-8 has a different rear floor, obviously.

If you just have a bad foot well they sell that small piece, they also sell one that goes firewall to just behind B-Pillar, or even the whole stamped floor board.

Best idea is only to cut out what is really bad. Sometimes getting the whole floor board to match up can be an issue. You are working with metal that is 30 years old and has been pushed and pulled out of shape a lot.

If you just need foot well it can actually go regular shipping and not cost that much. The whole floor board usually has to go truck freight and that can get expensive.

Look at their web page and see what you can get away with. Oh, and you might need to look at the Toe board support too.

Carl

Sweet! This place has everything that I would need. Thanks Carl!

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
I bought all my replacement floor boards from Classic. Two things to remember/watchout for:

1) The front floor pan pieces do not have any holes predrilled into them (holes for seats, dimmer switch, parking brake cable, drain holes, etc.) Not a big deal, but make sure you keep your old pieces for hole references.

2)The rear bed floor piece I got from them was not quite right. The 3 support channels at the rear, the one in the center that the body mount is supposed to rest on, was not in the right spot. It was about 1 and 1/2 inches off.

But otherwise, the quality and appearance are very good:wave:

4miles

CJ-8 Member
City
Virginia Beach
State
VA
Floor Pans

Has any one used the Quadratec pans yet?... Wondering how good the fit is. These were not available when I did mine and used the only ones they sold at the time for around $35. They were no more than a flat piece of sheet metal with creases and turned up edges. Not even close and spent several hours getting the fit I wanted. If you look at the Qudadratec ones they look very close to accurate, pre-drilled and cover all the way up the transmission tunnel unlike Classics which are much narrower. They are also $65 compared to $140 and would be money that could be spent elsewhere.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:

jims chop shop

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
stafford
State
va
Has any one used the Quadratec pans yet?... Wondering how good the fit is. These were not available when I did mine and used the only ones they sold at the time for around $35. They were no more than a flat piece of sheet metal with creases and turned up edges. Not even close and spent several hours getting the fit I wanted. If you look at the Qudadratec ones they look very close to accurate, pre-drilled and cover all the way up the transmission tunnel unlike Classics which are much narrower. They are also $65 compared to $140 and would be money that could be spent elsewhere.

attachment.php
attachment.php

i am ordering a front left and a new body mount kit tonight (1'lift) from quadratec:woot:

sevensandeights

sevensandeights
City
Mckean
State
PA
Any follow up on this? I have the exact same question 4 miles did - comparing Quadratec to Classic. I need the front 1/2 of the floor like Quadratec sells but am worried they are not the same quality as Classic. I need a little more than just the foot wells from Classic but not the entire front to back piece that Classic offers.

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Yep heavy and enough material for a novice welder to install.
uny9e9az-1.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L900

sevensandeights

sevensandeights
City
Mckean
State
PA
Thanks guys. I need the toe board supports, outer rail and transverse rails supports from Classic but didn't really like the floor pan offerings. The pieces from Quadratec looked like quality so thanks for confirming.

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
the only thing i used from classic was the 4 corners of the cj8 bed plates. they are very well made and even signed buy him... theres pictures posted from me and i believe jim of the set of 4.. worth the money..

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
Lifetime Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
Key Parts are what I used thru qtec for my CJ10. Check the keyparts website. EXACT!!!!!!
unupery5-1.jpg

anyzuben-1.jpg

ehatu6u2-1.jpg

e4y2yhe5-1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Nice. I have zero welding experience. Guess I need to learn. What' the best way to cut out the old to fit in the new? Set in place and trace or ???