• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Rally Jeep CJ-8

Scott_P

Legacy Registered User
Silver Member
City
Benzonia
State
MI
Over the weekend I went up tp Atlanta, MI for the Sno-Drift Pro-Rally race and got to thinking about if I could find any pictures of my buddy's Scrambler I use to pit crew and co-drive with. (I co-drove a few races in the 90's including Sno-Drift) I've got a few I could dig up and scan in, but I came across one on the net from 1989. This is my buddy Mike Purzycki from Fenton, MI racing his Scrambler w/co-driver Dan Wernette. They were very successful in the mid to late 80's. In 1989 Mike went out to Pikes Peak and not only qualified in the truck class, but took 2nd place and won rookie of the year! And yes...it does have a very healthy 401!

Enjoy,

Scott

Scott_P

Legacy Registered User
Silver Member
City
Benzonia
State
MI
Here's another pic

Circa 1983 Detroit to Cadillac Rally.....Purzycki and probably Ken Middleton co-driving....

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Awesome! Just the other day I was looking for any cool old Baja Jeep photos and was hoping to find a Scrambler but never did. I did find some cool Jeeps though!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• mark_acuna_image10.jpg
    mark_acuna_image10.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 438

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Those are all some really cool "period" pics, especially the Scrambler pics:thumbsup:

Scott_P

Legacy Registered User
Silver Member
City
Benzonia
State
MI
Thanks! And I should add the Scrambler is still together and in MI ready to race.

Scott_P

Legacy Registered User
Silver Member
City
Benzonia
State
MI
Pro-Rally Scrambler

Hey guys, I have posted a few pics of a rally team Jeep Scrambler that I used to pit for and had navigated for several years ago in the 1990's....This Jeep and it driver have quite a history in the 80's and 90's for SCCA PRo-Rally racing and hill climb events including Pikes Peak....and it's coming out of storage and racing in Newberry, MI this weekend for the Magnum Opus Rally. I am hoping to go and spectate.

Here's a facebook link to the rally page and it is highlighted with a pic of the Scrambler.

https://www.facebook.com/MagnumOpusProRally

Hope this works...enjoy!

Scrambler specs as I remember them:

AMC 401 V8 (built w/high comp, decent cam, single plane intake, etc.)
Manual shift Turbo 400 Trans
Dana 20 transfer case
Dana 44 Rear
Custom Dana 30 front with Dana 44 center section front axle (old school way,1970's/80's technology, to get Dana 44 in the front end)
Steel body w/full cage

revho

$9.00 vanilla malt
Lifetime Member
City
beaverdam
State
MI
sweet looking rig and good to hear from you Scott!

Scott_P

Legacy Registered User
Silver Member
City
Benzonia
State
MI
Hey thanks for merging. I'll have to check in w/Mike and see if the dunes is an option!

We hope to slip down this year, unfortunately this is the busiest time of year for our business.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
That's bad ***

Heres a few i had on my phone.

Dare I say it but an adventure scrambler couldn't handle the abuse :eek: