City/State
    Millersburg, MO
    Scrambler Year
    1982 SR
    Year Purchased

Paint, Trim, and Drive-train Codes

Since Cjoffroad.com has been down and it is uncertin if it is coming back, I figured I would go ahead and post these here for refrence only. I hope Cjoffroad comes back as there was a ton of good info on that site!
    Last edited by Polarfire; 02-19-2011 at 11:21 PM.

1982 Jeep Scrambler SR
    Build Thread Here:http://www.cj-8.com/forum/showthread.php?33026-FINALLY!!!-A-Build-Thread-of-My-82-Scrambler!
    1984 Jeep J10 "Plain Jane"
    2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ

City/State
    the Springs, CO
    Scrambler Year
    83 Laredo
    Year Purchased
    sweet... good save!

I'm on a path to painting and I have "olympic white".. I'm wondering what Jamaican beige looks like on a truck, not sure I've seen that one.. I'm considering a "utility" looking color.. OD, tan, white, etc..

City/State
    Bowmanville, Ontario, Cana, da
    Scrambler Year
    84 CJ-8
    Year Purchased
    such a shame that CJoffroad is gone. good save!
    Wounds heal... Chicks dig scars...

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler (Rust Free California Edition) Build Thread (click me)
    2005 TJ Unlimited

Scrambler Adventure 2010(click me)

City/State
    Fort Gordon, GA
    Scrambler Year
    1984 Flat black
    Year Purchased
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushmaster6 View Post
    sweet... good save!

I'm on a path to painting and I have "olympic white".. I'm wondering what Jamaican beige looks like on a truck, not sure I've seen that one.. I'm considering a "utility" looking color.. OD, tan, white, etc..
    Jamaica beige looks like my flesh tone, which is almost all gone at this point lol

42 GPW: putting it back together til I can afford full restoration it deserves
    70 Commando: dauntless V6, th400, dana 20, 27 frnt, 44 rear, all original, new 31x10.50s.. needs drivetrain overhaul
    84 CJ8: 350, T176, Dana 300, Dana 30 frnt, AMC 20 rear, 35x14.50 boggers, 9" rear axle and paint soon to come
    91 YJ: 4 cylinder, 5 spd, 33's, Warn 8k winch - Dad's Lawn Ornament

Jesus forgives, Trees and rocks don't!

JEEP=Just Empty Every Pocket ...twice
    JEEP=Just Elaborate Expensive Project

City/State
    Zachary, LA
    Polarfire, I am brand new to the site, but I would like to say that I really appreicate your time and effort. You have helped me several times already. This paint code information and the craiglist you have posted have been priceless for me. Thanks

City/State
    Longview, TX
    Scrambler Year
    82 Black SL
    Thanks! I was regretting so much that I hadn't documented these before the site went down, It was on my list but I just waited too long I guess. I had searched for them up and down but didn't think they were anywhere else out there.
    Brent/Will H.

Craiglist junkie

82 Black SL
    81... pieces
    lots-o-parts

City/State
    San Marcos, Ca
    Scrambler Year
    1981 CJ8 Laredo
    Year Purchased

Trim levels

Thought it may be appropriate to post a trim package question here:

From my ID tag on the firewall I can determine that the original color was Olympic White (9B) and that the trim level was Nutmeg high-back bucket seats with Vinyl (5EJ).

I also read in a previous thread that 5EJ meant the Laredo package, is that correct? I also have the clock/tach on each side of the steering column, and the handle by the glove compartment is leather wrapped, along with chrome front and rear bumpers.

Was that part of the Laredo package?

One more thing, my motor has the serpentine belt, which implies it was originally a CA vehicle, is that correct? (it recently came from Washington).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    81 Scrambler-not quite running yet

City/State
    Charlotte, NC
    Scrambler Year
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwtennent View Post
    Thought it may be appropriate to post a trim package question here:

From my ID tag on the firewall I can determine that the original color was Olympic White (9B) and that the trim level was Nutmeg high-back bucket seats with Vinyl (5EJ).

I also read in a previous thread that 5EJ meant the Laredo package, is that correct? I also have the clock/tach on each side of the steering column, and the handle by the glove compartment is leather wrapped, along with chrome front and rear bumpers.

Was that part of the Laredo package?

One more thing, my motor has the serpentine belt, which implies it was originally a CA vehicle, is that correct? (it recently came from Washington).
    You are correct. You have a CA Laredo. Looked something like this.

City/State
    San Marcos, Ca
    Scrambler Year
    1981 CJ8 Laredo
    Year Purchased

Laredo

That's great, thanks for the pics. It's nice to see how it looked originally. This forum is awesome!
    81 Scrambler-not quite running yet