City/State
    Gordonsville, VA

fuel sending unit calibration

Okay, I saw a post somewhere on here about how to calibrate the fuel tank sending unit with a multimeter. Anybody know how to do it???

thanks

City/State
    stafford, va
    Scrambler Year
    1982(79,85,ETC)
    Year Purchased
    Last edited by jims chop shop; 03-03-2011 at 05:17 AM.

City/State
    Gordonsville, VA
    Thanks, Whats your number again??

City/State
    stafford, va
    Scrambler Year
    1982(79,85,ETC)
    Year Purchased
    540-847-1342

City/State
    Findlay, Oh
    Scrambler Year
    82 CJ8
    Year Purchased
    I'm sure you'll figure out the calibration but here's a tip if you're putting in a new sending unit.

I have seen some bad floats RIGHT OUT OF THE box so before you install it and put the tank up and fill it etc....

1st, take the float and submerge it in water and look for bubbles Bubbles are bad! It means the float has a hole in it and will sink even when the tank is full. It will always read empty and you'll drive yourself nuts debugging everything else because you KNOW you just put a new sender in.

Does it sound like I'm speaking from experience? This info comes at the expense of a long bad day for me....

I'd hate to see anyone have to do this twice as it just isn't fun!

Good luck!
    Rudy
    www.Rudys-CJs.com

85 CJ7 350FI w 44 Front & Rear, Fully Locked, Alcan Springs, 37" Creepy Krawlers, 4 wheel Disc: Likes to play with Rocks, Not afraid of trees

City/State
    Gordonsville, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by racinrudy View Post
    I'm sure you'll figure out the calibration but here's a tip if you're putting in a new sending unit.

I have seen some bad floats RIGHT OUT OF THE box so before you install it and put the tank up and fill it etc....

1st, take the float and submerge it in water and look for bubbles Bubbles are bad! It means the float has a hole in it and will sink even when the tank is full. It will always read empty and you'll drive yourself nuts debugging everything else because you KNOW you just put a new sender in.

Does it sound like I'm speaking from experience? This info comes at the expense of a long bad day for me....

I'd hate to see anyone have to do this twice as it just isn't fun!

Good luck!
    Rudy
    That sucks