• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

fuel sending unit calibration

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
SOA Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
Okay, I saw a post somewhere on here about how to calibrate the fuel tank sending unit with a multimeter. Anybody know how to do it???

thanks

racinrudy

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Findlay
State
Oh
I'm sure you'll figure out the calibration but here's a tip if you're putting in a new sending unit.

I have seen some bad floats RIGHT OUT OF THE box so before you install it and put the tank up and fill it etc....

1st, take the float and submerge it in water and look for bubbles ;) Bubbles are bad! It means the float has a hole in it and will sink even when the tank is full. It will always read empty and you'll drive yourself nuts debugging everything else because you KNOW you just put a new sender in.

Does it sound like I'm speaking from experience? :rolleyes: This info comes at the expense of a long bad day for me....

I'd hate to see anyone have to do this twice as it just isn't fun!

Good luck!
Rudy

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
SOA Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
I'm sure you'll figure out the calibration but here's a tip if you're putting in a new sending unit.

I have seen some bad floats RIGHT OUT OF THE box so before you install it and put the tank up and fill it etc....

1st, take the float and submerge it in water and look for bubbles ;) Bubbles are bad! It means the float has a hole in it and will sink even when the tank is full. It will always read empty and you'll drive yourself nuts debugging everything else because you KNOW you just put a new sender in.

Does it sound like I'm speaking from experience? :rolleyes: This info comes at the expense of a long bad day for me....

I'd hate to see anyone have to do this twice as it just isn't fun!

Good luck!
Rudy

That sucks:angry: