• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Factory OEM brushguard for Warn 8274--Picture

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
I figured I'd share a picture of my brushguard for the 8274. I have seen one other photo of a brown CJ-5 with the earlier type of mount for an 8274 and center hoop. The center hoop was a bit wider than this one. I know of one other center hoop that a member on here has. It was not easy finding all of the components. I am pretty sure this is all correct for this 8274 mount.

The winch mount and brackets, orange lights, and center hoop are all NOS. The brush guard needs some cosmetic work and probably not be the one I use on my Scrambler.

This is just a quick mount on my 7 to see how it looks mounted. All bolts are just hand tightened so its not that square yet. I also have the SE 8274 winch to install on the mount.

The brushguard mounts behingd the front of the winch plate so the center hoop is angled forward to make up the difference. Cool loking from the side. Not just a flat look like the nonwinch center hoop

016-1.jpg

017-1.jpg

Joe West

Arizona Virtual Jeep Club
Lifetime Member
City
Laurinburg
State
NC
Very nice! Have you considered getting all the pieces powder coated?

JeepScrambler

CJ-oholic
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Claflin
State
KS
Looks awesome! :cheers: I need to get mine out and installed. I have the turn signals and all as well. I just need to get the winch plate and I'm set. Is that NOS winch plate you have for the 8274 the same one you can still get from warn?

Last edited:

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
It is the Warn version. However, it is an older one from the early 90's. It still had the lights in the box. I don't think the ones today come with turn lights. This was on a shelf somewhere still in the box. I can't imagine the Warn version today has changed.

I do have a NOS SE version but, the bolt holes are a little different where it mounts. The front of the plate actually mounts to the top bumper bolts that hold the bumper on the frame. there is still a side bracket that mounts to the side of the frame also if interested. No fairlead or winch. I have seen this type with some of the SE 8274 winches factory installed

It is identical to the one on this JEEP
188341_11277954_1976_Jeep_CJ7-1.jpg

autogatto

Legacy Registered User
City
Littleton
State
CO
That's a nice find. It was original equipment with the 82 Jamboree edition. Probably available as an option from the dealership as well. Great shape and the nice thing are the original fog lights with their plastic covers.

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
Sure. It's outside. What all would you like to know.?And yes it's for sale
Shakle reversal. Brand new 35 mtr amc 360. Original paint from Cali. Super sharp Sounds and runs great. Auto.

I do have a few Ramsey and Warn center sections for the oem brushguard left.

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
It is unofficially for sale. Don't really have a price. I hope I don't break any forum rules by not having a price or for sale thread. but yes, It is for sale. I will get a thread going once I can get it out ad take some pictures. It is an 81 has hardtop and matching doors. Send me a PM if someone wants anymore info prior to me starting a thread. It is a CJ-7 not a scrambler. The brush guard and winch mount are no longer on the jeep. I only set it up to see how it would look. was never actually mounted.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
And yes, please post it in a thread with an asking price.

Dave K.

Legacy Registered User
City
Milwaukee
State
WI
Would be great to get some dimensions on the brushguard so I could have one fabbed. Tube specs and a tracing of the components would do it for me if possible.

Dave K.

Legacy Registered User
City
Milwaukee
State
WI
Can anyone help with this request? Would really like to get a brush guard over my 8274 at some point. Thanks, Dave.