Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    City/State
    Lake Keesus, WI
    Scrambler Year
    1982 Scrambler Base
    Year Purchased

Dennis Collins (of CB) on Fast and Loud tonight

Did anyone catch the first episode of Fast and Loud tonight with Dennis Collins of Collins Brothers? I think I saw a Rubicon LJ with a half cab in the parking lot during his visit.
    Last edited by jak inc; 06-07-2012 at 07:51 AM.

City/State
    Thayer, KS
    Scrambler Year
    2-1982 & 1984 POSTAL
    Year Purchased
    Yep I saw that!

City/State
    Kutztown, PA
    Scrambler Year
    1984 Scrambler
    Year Purchased
    It kind of gave me a sick feeling that Dennis arrogently stated he could sell the Riviera for double the amount he paid ($7,700).. Doesn't Collins Brothers rip off enough uneducated Jeep CJ people off in the Jeep CJ world...

City/State
    Denver, CO
    Scrambler Year
    SOLD 1982
    Year Purchased
    Quote Originally Posted by 84jeepscrambler View Post
    It kind of gave me a sick feeling that Dennis arrogently stated he could sell the Riviera for double the amount he paid ($7,700).. Doesn't Collins Brothers rip off enough uneducated Jeep CJ people off in the Jeep CJ world...
    I actually heard him say double or TRIPLE what he was willing to pay...

*SOLD*
    1982 AMC CJ-8 Scrambler
    AMC 304 V-8
    Edlebrock Intake, Carb, & Headers
    SM-465 w/ Novak Adapter, Dana 300
    Wide Track Dana 30 Front, Dana 44 Rear - 4.10 gears

City/State
    KEARNY, NJ
    Collins is strictly a business man and is no friend to the dedicated hard working Jeep collectors. I would agree that he rips the casual Jeep collector off to what ever degreee he can. The truth is the truth.

City/State
    Millersburg, MO
    Scrambler Year
    1982 SR
    Year Purchased
    I wouldn't say he rips anyone off. He is in it to make money. Anyone willing to take some time and effort to research a Jeep purchase (or any vehicle) would be able to find better deals but those who don't will pay the highest price. That being said, he also finds some of the nicest, low-milage Jeeps around.

1982 Jeep Scrambler SR
    Build Thread Here:http://www.cj-8.com/forum/showthread.php?33026-FINALLY!!!-A-Build-Thread-of-My-82-Scrambler!
    1984 Jeep J10 "Plain Jane"
    2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ

City/State
    KEARNY, NJ
    OK Perhaps " ripping off " was a bit strong. Can't fault anyone trying to get what they can for nice stuff.

City/State
    Milwaukee, WI
    I won't help line his pockets that's for sure.

City/State
    white lake, MI
    Scrambler Year
    '81 & '83 Scrambler
    Year Purchased
    04 &12
    Rippng off may sometimes apply...a couple years back a friend from around here had a deal with collins for an 8. After weeks if researching, asking questions and getting pics from collins, he was assured that evev tho the price was high, he was getting the jeep he wanted. so he bought a one way ticket... to find he had been grossly misled about the condition. pics that were sent had been strategically taken to hide flaws. since he needed something to drive home and now didnt want the jeep, collins sold him another jeep for $2,000 more. In the end he paid $16,000 for a $10,000 jeep that came standard with a lot of hard feelings towards collins.
    Last edited by wimps81096; 06-18-2012 at 06:07 AM.
    Grace is always allowing others to reach the highest level of their own incompetance.

City/State
    Bedford, NH
    Scrambler Year
    1982 Scrambler
    Year Purchased
    I watched it and if I hadn't seen this thread I wouldn't have though much of it... the guy needed money, he sold it to someone that had money and that person thought he could make money on it... if you didn't know who that guy was you wouldn't have given it a second thought, but because it is Collins, apparently that brings it to another level.

I have never met the guy, nor have I bought anything from there, just always was envious of having a big Jeep junkyard (one day I will have one). As you progress through life (and Jeeps), you hopefully learn things along the way. Hopefully you learn at a young age supply vs. demand and cutting once and measuring twice. You always need to look around for other deals, especially with the Internet at your disposal... if you don't and you want convenience then I guess CB is it. They will always have what you need... however, if you are not in a hurry, want to look for deals, then you can find someone else with the parts.

It comes down to if you "have to have it" vs. willing to wait. In some cases it goes one way or another.

cb
    CertifiableJeep website
    '76 ORANGE CJ-5
    '76 MAROON CJ-5
    '78 SILVER CJ-7
    '82 WHITE CJ-8 Build Thread
    '83 GREEN UK CJ-7 Build Thread
    ORANGE JEEP CLUB #41 - SILVER JEEP CLUB #41
    SIENNA JEEP CLUB #62 - RHD JEEP CLUB #41

NEWJO Member - Forum

City/State
    Madison, MS
    A few years ago, I ordered some parts from CB. I talked to a very nice, helpful lady on the phone, and the correct parts were shipped in a timely manner. The parts weren't cheap, but I would deal with them again based upon that experience. Buying a running Jeep from them might be another matter, based upon the comments made here.
    I did see the guy on the Fast and Loud show and had the same reaction as expressed here - arrogant and smug. The same attitude you often encounter at the gun shows; my stuff's made of gold and yours is junk.

City/State
    Mt Holly, NC
    Scrambler Year
    "Don't hat ethe player, hate the game" comes to mind when I read threads like this.

When I did a frame off on my '76 CJ7, there were pieces that I could only find at CB. For those that don't know, the '76 was the first year of the CJ7 and AMC used a few CJ5 parts, some parts that would become standard CJ7 parts, and then some parts that are specific to the '76 model year. I searched and searched and could never find aftermarket companies with the "special" parts and anytime I found a 76 being parted out, guess what? Those parts were either trashed or already gone. Every time I called CB, they had the hard to find part. Simple as that. Yes I paid more than I wanted to but they had it, no one else did. I was always treated well by nice people on the phone.
    '81 CJ8 Scrambler - AMC 304 - new project
    '06 Rubicon Unlimited (LJ), Impact Orange - PSC Ricochet Rockers, PSC Rockbrawler rear swingout, 3" Teraflex, 1" PA bl, 33" Cooper STTs on Crager soft 8s, Warn M8274, Cobra 75WSXT, Tuffy console
    '06 Commander 4x4 HEMI - 2" Rough Country lift, JK Rubicon rims with spacers, 31" BFGs
    '65 Corvette Convertible - 327 V8 that has been bumped up to about 360hp
    '09 Harley V-Rod Muscle

City/State
    Bedford, NH
    Scrambler Year
    1982 Scrambler
    Year Purchased
    Hey, whatever he is doing, he had 400K to buy a wrecked F40, so something he is doing is making some coin.
    I give him credit for what he does as a businessman, as a person, you never know until you meet someone off camera.

cb
    CertifiableJeep website
    '76 ORANGE CJ-5
    '76 MAROON CJ-5
    '78 SILVER CJ-7
    '82 WHITE CJ-8 Build Thread
    '83 GREEN UK CJ-7 Build Thread
    ORANGE JEEP CLUB #41 - SILVER JEEP CLUB #41
    SIENNA JEEP CLUB #62 - RHD JEEP CLUB #41

NEWJO Member - Forum

City/State
    Bowmanville, Ontario, Cana, da
    Scrambler Year
    84 CJ-8
    Year Purchased
    Reality shows are all bullsh!t. Its exagerated for ratings.
    Never believe what you see on tv... Just like what you read on the internet.

I like the show for what it is. I like the vehicles and mods.

Sent from the future via Skynet computer
    Wounds heal... Chicks dig scars...

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler (Rust Free California Edition) Build Thread (click me)
    2005 TJ Unlimited

Scrambler Adventure 2010(click me)

City/State
    Manhattan, KS
    Scrambler Year
    '81 CJ8
    Year Purchased
    What's that one on Velocity - Graveyard Cars or something? That show is utter trash.

My favorite is Wheeler Dealers - straight up honest buys and sales, no over-the-top hamming it up, and they use words like "punter" and "good nick," which makes me chuckle. I've actually learned things from that show.