• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Dennis Collins (of CB) on Fast and Loud tonight

jak inc

I H8 RUST!
Lifetime Member
City
Merton
State
WI
Did anyone catch the first episode of Fast and Loud tonight with Dennis Collins of Collins Brothers? I think I saw a Rubicon LJ with a half cab in the parking lot during his visit.

Last edited:

84jeepscrambler

84 Scrambler 68 Mustang
City
Kutztown
State
PA
It kind of gave me a sick feeling that Dennis arrogently stated he could sell the Riviera for double the amount he paid ($7,700).. Doesn't Collins Brothers rip off enough uneducated Jeep CJ people off in the Jeep CJ world...

OGRES

Ramblin' Wreck
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Suwanee
State
GA
It kind of gave me a sick feeling that Dennis arrogently stated he could sell the Riviera for double the amount he paid ($7,700).. Doesn't Collins Brothers rip off enough uneducated Jeep CJ people off in the Jeep CJ world...

I actually heard him say double or TRIPLE what he was willing to pay...

JERSEYJOE

JERSEY JOE
City
KEARNY
State
NJ
Collins is strictly a business man and is no friend to the dedicated hard working Jeep collectors. I would agree that he rips the casual Jeep collector off to what ever degreee he can. The truth is the truth.

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
I wouldn't say he rips anyone off. He is in it to make money. Anyone willing to take some time and effort to research a Jeep purchase (or any vehicle) would be able to find better deals but those who don't will pay the highest price. That being said, he also finds some of the nicest, low-milage Jeeps around.

JERSEYJOE

JERSEY JOE
City
KEARNY
State
NJ
OK Perhaps " ripping off " was a bit strong. Can't fault anyone trying to get what they can for nice stuff.

wimps81096

CJ-8 Member
City
white lake
State
MI
Rippng off may sometimes apply...a couple years back a friend from around here had a deal with collins for an 8. After weeks if researching, asking questions and getting pics from collins, he was assured that evev tho the price was high, he was getting the jeep he wanted. so he bought a one way ticket... to find he had been grossly misled about the condition. pics that were sent had been strategically taken to hide flaws. since he needed something to drive home and now didnt want the jeep, collins sold him another jeep for $2,000 more. In the end he paid $16,000 for a $10,000 jeep that came standard with a lot of hard feelings towards collins.

Last edited:

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
I watched it and if I hadn't seen this thread I wouldn't have though much of it... the guy needed money, he sold it to someone that had money and that person thought he could make money on it... if you didn't know who that guy was you wouldn't have given it a second thought, but because it is Collins, apparently that brings it to another level.

I have never met the guy, nor have I bought anything from there, just always was envious of having a big Jeep junkyard (one day I will have one). As you progress through life (and Jeeps), you hopefully learn things along the way. Hopefully you learn at a young age supply vs. demand and cutting once and measuring twice. You always need to look around for other deals, especially with the Internet at your disposal... if you don't and you want convenience then I guess CB is it. They will always have what you need... however, if you are not in a hurry, want to look for deals, then you can find someone else with the parts.

It comes down to if you "have to have it" vs. willing to wait. In some cases it goes one way or another.

cb

jeepers 1940

Legacy Registered User
City
Madison
State
MS
A few years ago, I ordered some parts from CB. I talked to a very nice, helpful lady on the phone, and the correct parts were shipped in a timely manner. The parts weren't cheap, but I would deal with them again based upon that experience. Buying a running Jeep from them might be another matter, based upon the comments made here.
I did see the guy on the Fast and Loud show and had the same reaction as expressed here - arrogant and smug. The same attitude you often encounter at the gun shows; my stuff's made of gold and yours is junk.

AdamH

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Mt Holly
State
NC
"Don't hat ethe player, hate the game" comes to mind when I read threads like this.

When I did a frame off on my '76 CJ7, there were pieces that I could only find at CB. For those that don't know, the '76 was the first year of the CJ7 and AMC used a few CJ5 parts, some parts that would become standard CJ7 parts, and then some parts that are specific to the '76 model year. I searched and searched and could never find aftermarket companies with the "special" parts and anytime I found a 76 being parted out, guess what? Those parts were either trashed or already gone. Every time I called CB, they had the hard to find part. Simple as that. Yes I paid more than I wanted to but they had it, no one else did. I was always treated well by nice people on the phone.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Hey, whatever he is doing, he had 400K to buy a wrecked F40, so something he is doing is making some coin.
I give him credit for what he does as a businessman, as a person, you never know until you meet someone off camera.

cb

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
BENEFACTOR
Lifetime Member
City
Cobourg, Ontario, Cana
State
da
Reality shows are all bullsh!t. Its exagerated for ratings.
Never believe what you see on tv... Just like what you read on the internet.

I like the show for what it is. I like the vehicles and mods.

Sent from the future via Skynet computer

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
What's that one on Velocity - Graveyard Cars or something? That show is utter trash.

My favorite is Wheeler Dealers - straight up honest buys and sales, no over-the-top hamming it up, and they use words like "punter" and "good nick," which makes me chuckle. I've actually learned things from that show.

opelgtboy

Legacy Registered User
City
Glassboro
State
NJ
Graveyard Carz is hillarious. They are probably really like that but they cram 1 week of drama into 1 hr so it seems like they get done fast and that they are always fighting. The guy that runs it knows his stuff. It is the best.

Karl

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
My favorite is Wheeler Dealers - straight up honest buys and sales, no over-the-top hamming it up, and they use words like "punter" and "good nick," which makes me chuckle. I've actually learned things from that show.

I love that show too. Did you see the one where the refurbed the export CJ-7? It was pretty cool.

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Yep, but I missed the Land Rover last week. Thought it was a repeat until I caught the end of it. I've seen scenes of another CJ on their previews of older episodes that haven't aired in the US yet, too...

AdamH

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Mt Holly
State
NC
Wheeler Dealers is great! Love it when Ed has to get into a tiny car.