• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

1981 scrambler build 3 link

mike_bfdr

Basic User
City
riverside
State
ca
****** ONE THING I FORGOT TO SAY IS THAT THIS IS BEEN ABOUT A YEAR IN THE MAKING******

at first i was going spring over on 1.5" military wrap springs but i was going to be 10' in the air and i didnt want that so my buddy had a set of coilovers for sale and so thats one way of getting lower (but on a bigger budget lol) so i had to ask the bank and she said yes but dont spend toooo much lol boy if she only knew lol
IMAG0118-1.jpg

ok this is what im working with:
81 scrambler was a 4cyl now a 4.0l aw4 trand and np231 with a teraflex 4:1 t-case from a 91 cherokee
hp dana 44 from a 3/4 ton f250 built used-------------- but now has 5 lug (cause i already had rims :) )
currie high9 35 spline-------------- used
12" bilsteins coilovers ---------------- used
corbeau suspension seat front & a 42" corbeau bench for rear
35" bfg km2 on black steel rims
3 link for the front & leaf spring in rear

Last edited:

mike_bfdr

Basic User
City
riverside
State
ca
IMAG0446-1.jpg

IMAG0749-1.jpg

IMAG0748-1.jpg

IMAG04511-1.jpg

IMAG0455-1.jpg

somethings i did at work on my spare time......... with the cage im going something different

Last edited:

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
I like your idea for the rear storage areas behind the wheel wells. Of course you will need some supports for the rear of the roll cage but I'm guessing you already know that. Nice build!

mike_bfdr

Basic User
City
riverside
State
ca
why yes i did im going to tie it in to the frame
IMAG0754-1.jpg

i also made my own body lift and got new body bushings
from this.....
IMAG0758-1.jpg

out with the old.....
IMAG0759-1.jpg

with the new stuff......
IMAG0763-1.jpg

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Love that rear storage! That's on the to-do list on mine...

mike_bfdr

Basic User
City
riverside
State
ca
the 2 reasons why i made new wheel well covers are because my rear axle is wider then stock and i wanted to put a wider rear seat....... instead of 36" from wheel well to wheel well its now 43" so i can put a 42" back seat mounted to the jeep no the cage so if i need to put stuff back there for what ever reason it will fit....... oh and i wanted to be different, but with style

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
I just re-read and saw this....
******* CAUTION FOR THE NEXT lOU OF PICS I HOPE I DONT OFFEND ANYONE ********

Wait, what part was offensive?
I think it is very cool, plain and simple.
You have inspired me to go out and find the D300 and Lomax kit I have buried under things and set it up on the bench to rebuild it.

cb

mike_bfdr

Basic User
City
riverside
State
ca
its because i have cute into a scrambler and some people think that scramblers should not be cute in to, they should be stock lol ......... how boring lol do what u want cause its yours and no one is paying for it but u lol :thumbsup: