• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Bought my first Scrambler

pav1

Legacy Registered User
City
Acton
State
ON
Selling my cj7 to get a scrambler, need more room and a smoother ride (i have a bad back)

jeep1.jpg

1983 original sun orange paint with a NOS white soft top, factory cb radio, etc etc.....I'll miss her when I go to sell her.

Here's what I just brought back from California.....

1983 Laredo, original paint

IMG_3516.jpgIMG_3519.jpgIMG_3521.jpgIMG_3527.jpg

Special thanks to Paradisejeep for making the 11 hour road trip to pick it up from the shipper.

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Both look great. Congrats!!!

pav1

Legacy Registered User
City
Acton
State
ON
Thanks!!!

Judging by your avatar, I guess you're partial to white.....LOL

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Actually I used to hate white. Then O had a white YJ. And found this Scrambler. It happened to be white. I do like it though. Of course I am thinking of adding some color. But it looks so clean in white.

bobbysjeep

Legacy Registered User
City
Charlotte
State
NC
I think that is the first white and black Laredo I have ever seen. Most of them are trimmed in nutmeg. Nice find! What are your plans for it?

pav1

Legacy Registered User
City
Acton
State
ON
Restoration with as many nos parts as I can afford...LOL

not touching the paint, leaving it all original.

pav1

Legacy Registered User
City
Acton
State
ON
I found a laredo front seat I needed

and picked up a uninstalled kayline full soft top which was the style on it at one time, kept inside a house for the last 15 years....whooooo hoooo.

I want to put on the full kayline top and the rear laredo seat. Yes I know I'll have to not have sideboards :(

MarknessMonster

Amiable Jeeper
City
Western
State
CO
...I know I'll have to not have sideboards :(

They're not stock Scrambler boards anyway, so they'd make good firewood for you during this cold winter up North, eh. ;) You could always make another set later, if required. Besides, you can't beat a full soft top for those cold Canadian winters.

Oh, and nice Jeep...love those Laredo models.

Last edited:

pav1

Legacy Registered User
City
Acton
State
ON
Thanks....the factory ones are actually inside the jeep in pretty good shape...don't know why the crappy ones where put on??

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Nice find! I bet that paint and those wheels will shine up nice! Very nice CJ-7 too!

pav1

Legacy Registered User
City
Acton
State
ON
thank you very much, I'll start on it in the spring.

unfortunately I will have to sell the cj-7 in the spring as well:(

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
Very nice Scrambler. I envy your find and the lack of obvious work needed. Do you have any interior pictures to post?

pav1

Legacy Registered User
City
Acton
State
ON
I just went into storage for the winter and there's only about 6 inches of space all around it....LOL

I'll try to get some pics.

pav1

Legacy Registered User
City
Acton
State
ON
LMAO....you should see how tucked in....I'll try to get a pick of it in my garage.

My 14 ft camper is also in the garage and it's not a big garage, trust me.

7jeeps7kings

Legacy Registered User
City
right near the lake
State
OH
nice looking cj7(that you sold), and nice pick up on the scrambler. I'd say if you are looking for a better ride. I'd upgrade the front springs to yj springs (with 2.5" wide spring up front). IMO it makes a world of a difference... good luck! and keep the pic's going.lol
7jeeps7kings

pav1

Legacy Registered User
City
Acton
State
ON
^thanks!!

I still have the cj7, I'll be selling it in the upcoming spring...better market.

I'll post it here when I do sell the her.

Thought about the yj springs and a shackel reversal, but I couldn't do it on this jeep, it's just too original....just have to go for shorter trips more often :woohoo:

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Pav! Glad you finally found your 8. I have seen your 7 in person and its super straight and as original as they come should have no problem selling it in rusty Canada. Congrats ! Better see this 8 at the jeep show next year. :)