• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Been a while since we had a Beer thread...

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
So I thought I'd start another! I was in a shop in Bend over the weekend, and came across this poster:

PB_5209_BV_Bend_Beervana__75685134275738-1.jpg

So...evidently Bend has the most breweries per capita in the USA. I didn't bother to check facts, I just wanted to revel in the coolness. Seems there's another brewery opening every year here! I had some Red Chair NWPA from Deschutes Brewery....Good stuff! What's currently in your 'fridge?

ozCAhpng-1.jpg

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
In Hawaii last week or so, I had a number of these. Kona Longboard. Quite refreshing.

D3E9ADE2C84D4F928437DDCCAE25F77223474000-1.jpg

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Bought this today. It has been a while since I had some Avalanche and I'm really missing Colorado!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358818338.041660.jpg

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Love this. And I too want to try the TenFidy. I love dark beers.

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Try this: http://www.oskarblues.com/about-us/beer-locator I saw a few locations within an hour drive of Clarkesville.

New Belgium has this: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/192/77601 which is interesting, but I'm not able to drink a whole glass of it. Think spicy hot chocolate, in cold beer form. Might be able to find it in GA, not sure.

Darks are my favorite as well, but it seems like everyone's got a pale ale these days. The one getting all the raves locally is this one:
pliny20002-1.jpg

We've got a distributor that gets shipments on Thursdays at 10am, and you're limited to 4 tall boys.

Don't think I can get that in Georgia. It took us 5 years to get Fat Tire here after I first saw it in CO. I like sampling the darker beers. Lots of flavor...

Bryanf

Legacy Registered User
City
Clarkesville
State
GA
Try this: http://www.oskarblues.com/about-us/beer-locator I saw a few locations within an hour drive of Clarkesville.

New Belgium has this: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/192/77601 which is interesting, but I'm not able to drink a whole glass of it. Think spicy hot chocolate, in cold beer form. Might be able to find it in GA, not sure.

Darks are my favorite as well, but it seems like everyone's got a pale ale these days. The one getting all the raves locally is this one:
pliny20002-1.jpg

We've got a distributor that gets shipments on Thursdays at 10am, and you're limited to 4 tall boys.

Good deal... I looked it up and the search says that Natalie Janes Tavern has it. Three miles from the house in downtown Clarkesville.

Bushmaster6

Legacy Registered User
City
the Springs
State
CO
Best I've discovered lately: Bristol Brewing (in C-Springs) RyePA..

bristolryepa-1.jpg

Some others I've enjoyed:
bristolipa-1.jpg

comes corked:
boulevardipa-1.jpg

Bushmaster6

Legacy Registered User
City
the Springs
State
CO
More:

didn't much care for this one, but could've just been the wrong day for it..
2012hoprodrye_zps4eb5b02d-1.jpg

Oatmeal stout.. not bad, but I'll try others before I buy this one again..
2012winterwarlock_zps8970b95f-1.jpg

Man-cub likes to share...
2012natebeer_zps0f8f3a43-1.jpg

Last edited:

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
This is a good winter beer-
cell phone 010.jpg

A local favorite, at the brewery on nitro - 10 Barrel Sinistor Black Ale
phone files 224.png

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Man, that dark beer looks goooood!

They just opened a brewery in Brevard, NC and the guy I know that worked there in CO went to be the director of quality control in the new one. He finally bought a house there, which he hadn't done in his other brewery job stops, so I'm guessing he's planning on being there long term :D

I'm dying to find this brew :drool: Maybe NC is close enough to MI to get it here.