• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

JerseyJeeps Road Trippin' Thread

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Just got into Oregon last night and spending a few days here south of portland. Have a J20 wrecker to get near grants pass, two j10s in northern CA and a visit to my uncle near Sacramento. My friend George and I dont have a plane ticket home and don't know if we will drive anything back but will attempt to at least get them all in one place.

I already have title tags and reg for this 1975 j20 which I found on Craigslist back in march. It's an older pic the sideways pic but is still all complete and the wrecker part works also. It's been serving the tiny town of sunny valley since 1982 and only one 88 yr old man has ever driven it. Just talking to this guy on the phone was my reason to come out and meet him and see these parts rather than ship it right away.

The front pic was the pic from the CL ad and is more closer to current cond. It's gonna need some tlc but he says it drives around enough still to make local runs. How it will do on the highway is yet to be seen.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370356520.952439.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370356472.790682.jpg

More pics soon and also going to use this opportunity of some passenger side seat time this week to post a few of last years road trips prior to tapatalk forum access. 3 scramblers and 4 J series trucks to share as well.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
You my friend are living the dream... stay safe and good luck getting them all together and homeward bound.

cb

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Jealous.......:(

Seriously, lots of pics! Some of us have to live vicariously through you!

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
You know where you can stay if you're ever close to northern Colorado, Eric :)

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
I see what shirt you are wearing... nice plug!

cb

That was the idea for that photo glad you picked up on it :thumbsup: So that truck is for sale for 1800 outside of Salem. It has a 401 from a Waggie and its a 78 that orig came with a 360. It's very solid and well used. The 10-4 package is orig available in 78 only and has the factory CB in it too still.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
That was the idea for that photo glad you picked up on it :thumbsup: So that truck is for sale for 1800 outside of Salem. It has a 401 from a Waggie and its a 78 that orig came with a 360. It's very solid and well used. The 10-4 package is orig available in 78 only and has the factory CB in it too still.

So I assume you called, waiting for the guy to show up, get him to under a grand and have him ship it on his dime? I mean I know you are good at negotiations, but that is incredible... wait, what?

cb

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
So I assume you called, waiting for the guy to show up, get him to under a grand and have him ship it on his dime? I mean I know you are good at negotiations, but that is incredible... wait, what?

cb

no no no. The truck is FREE, he bought Eric lunch, and threw in a NOS rear bumper for a Scrambler. :D

MN-Paul

Legacy Registered User
City
Medina
State
MN
Buy that truck for the 401. I love those motors. They can smoke 35's in a heart beat.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

SKT

Legacy Registered User
City
APO
State
AE

X100 to all of the aforementioned posts!

Even though I'm officially Jeepless, and it's the first time since I've had my DL, I'll be staying glued to this thread - looking forward to the updates.

Eric, you have have my cell number, so please hit me up I your travels bring you through this area.

Safe travels and best of luck w/ your purchases and plans!

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370388616.981446.jpg

Made it to sunny valley. This is the service station that has this truck as its wrecker since 82.

SKT

Legacy Registered User
City
APO
State
AE

That's awesome!

Looking forward to plenty of pics!

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Wrecker is I think gonna make it. We got a bunch of lights going, and headlights and misc things, trans cooler line loose fixed and drove it around town. Has a 5 gallon tank only in bed. All the wrecker part works great and the engine has some newish looking parts. Turbo 400 shifts real nice. One tire shows steel belts so gonna swap out. Has cherry bombs straight outa the headers so its pretty loud. Has no interior lights speedo or any working factory gauges. Has aftermarket oil p which shows 25-50 all the time. So the engine seems ok and it actually doesn't leak anything, which yes is surprising. :eek:

This is the old service station part

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370405611.539331.jpg

And this is the 88 yr old guy and the lady who has owned the station since 1978. Had a great time talking to him so many stories, glad we came out.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370405767.102179.jpg