• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

What color is your Scrambler?

What Color is Your Scrambler?

• Red or Orange

Votes: 105 18.1%
  • Dark Blue or Light Blue

Votes: 79 13.6%
  • Camo

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Black

Votes: 74 12.8%
  • White

Votes: 55 9.5%
  • Yellow

Votes: 31 5.3%
  • Dark Brown

Votes: 36 6.2%
  • Green

Votes: 49 8.4%
  • Tan or Beige

Votes: 60 10.3%
  • Other

Votes: 85 14.7%

• Total voters

WildTurkeycj8

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
richmond
State
va
Hey - thought it would be interesting to take a poll and see how many scramblers of each color are owned by people using this board! :D Sorry if I left out any important colors, I could only offer 10 options (that's also why I had to combine a few colors), so if yours isn't up there, just post a description. Anybody want to guess what the predominant color will be? Ok, I'll guess...how about...hmmmm....Blue?.....

-Mike

Last edited:

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
Guess what color

I'd say yellow will be pretty high on the list also.I didn't see one that said all the above so i just took the camo:D -JC:D :D

SkarySkrambler

1st Scrambler, 2nd CJ
Mine is '91 Silverado Navy Blue. I am planning on having a freash layer applied and changing the upper half of the vehicle (everything from the hood up) to rebel gray. Mad Goat, why are you so mad? Is it because of the clay? Are you mad as in angry or as in crazy? - SS

CJ8Rockcrawler

The FABLED 8
Lifetime Member
City
Minneapolis
State
MN
Arizona Beige Metallic.... 2001 F150 color. The AZ dust doesn't really show up on it... it's great! It hasn't been washed since I put it together. :D

kelanddeb

Scramblin 4 Fun
I had to go with other here as mine is Copper. I always think of changing the color, but it just never gets done. :cool:

donaghy

CJ-8.COM owner
SOA Member
FORUM OWNER
City
Lexington
State
SC
color

My color appears to be almost the same as CJ8Rockcrawler.

But, mine is from a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Color is called "Chargold" And has a khaki metalic green to it. In the direct sunlight it almost looks like a grey though.

Color code is PJ7. and it is a Jeep color

Interesting story.. I had my body stripped down to bare metal and gave body shop the paint code and told them it was a "light green". Body shop guy said, oh yea, I know what color you are talking about.

Show up the day to pick it up, and he had painted it wrong color. He painted it a dark green. Needless to say, I was a little peeved. So.. he sanded clearcoat off and repainted and I had it back within another day. So, upside is body now has 4 coats of paint and clearcoat. Downside, is if it chips off 1st 2 coats, the one underneath is a different color.

all well..

matt

ibscrmbln

Ken Waters
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Topeka
State
KS
I bought a set of 94 YJ half doors. Had to either paint them or the CJ8. Painted the 8 to match the doors. Kiind of a pewter silver that Jeep named Light Driftwood or something like that. Gets lots of compliments.

Later, Ken

BIG_Mark

Old Skool
City
Snohomish
State
WA
Officially my Jeep is Brown but I've gone and painted it Camoflage.
U.S. Army Style.

MadGoat

Basic User
Mad Goat, why are you so mad?

Several reason/stories on this. I'll try to bore you with all of them.

First. I work in IT and constantly get messages from clients, family, and friends about bogus virus warnings, "send this to evryone or you'll get bad luck....."
In response to this a clever someone (not me) composed a hilarious spoof on this to reply with, when you get one of these "warnings". Most of the spoof revolves around doing what the e-mail says or "27 mad goats will come to your house and bite your legs off, eat your furniture......". It slayed me!

Second. My Scrambler is kind of like a goat (or will be). Not too big, very nible and agile, can climb anything and go where no one else can or would want to.

Third, and this is a stretch. Andy Griffith. There is a scene where Andy and Barney are trying to fix Gomer up with Barney's girlfriend's (Thelma Lou) rather homely cousin. Gomer asks "Is she nice?" To which Andy and Barn chorus "Oh yeah, she's really nice!" Then Gomer asks "Is she pretty?" To which Andy and Barn again chorus "She's nice, really nice!" It slayed me. Well the homely cousin's name was Mary Grace. Same initials as MadGoat. And my Scrambler could be described as "really nice". I know it's a stretch but she's my Scrambler and I'll name her as I please.

I have thought of changing my licence plate from MADGOAT to MRYGRACE so don't get any ideas cause if you do 27 mad goats will come to your house and.... well, you get the picture.

Now, aren't you sorry you asked?

:D

SkarySkrambler

1st Scrambler, 2nd CJ
No, I'm glad, because before I might have been hesitant to ask if you wanted to engage in some sort of social activity, such as for example, a whiskey drinking contest. Who knows what kind of response you might get from someone who is mad (or skary for that matter). But since you are not really mad, I feel I can invite you to join in a whiskey drinking contest any time. - SS

MadGoat

Basic User
I feel I can invite you to join in a whiskey drinking contest any time. - SS

I'd be honored. Although I don't really drink competitively anymore. It turns out that even if I win, I loose. I do however hoist a glass from time to time. In about 40 minutes in fact.

Tell you what. I'll toast you with my first Bud of the week when I get home.

Keith

dirtyjeep

I like it dirty.
City
Arlington
State
TX
My 8 is primer black until I (or my wife) decides what color it should be and get the rust holes patched...
Whiskey sounds good right now. :D

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Dark Blue and I still can't vote in polls:confused: .

Dodster

SOA Member
City
Mechanicsville
State
Va
It's not Rust...it's Copper

My 8 is Copper.

Hey MadGoat - I just can't bring myself to call mine Rust. Although that's the closest to the real color, I still call it Copper. It's the original paint.

Dodd

83scrambler

You call her scrambledegg
City
Indianapolis
State
IN
SNOW WHITE!!!!<-----------------------

heres my little snnow white!!!

Jeremy

Scrambler Fanatic
City
Carlisle
State
PA
colors

my 1981 was originally dark blue now ford tractor blue

my 1982 was originally red now ford tractor red

tractor paint is cheap, easy to touch up but fads really bad.

Spanky_79

Basic User
City
Littleton
State
CO
Mines light brown. I am debating what color I am going to repaint it when I get the body work done. I kind of like the yellow look. The problem is that I will not have the interior painted and so the old brown color will still be around. I was also thinking of getting it painted the snow camo. Dark green is a good color too.... but then so is just going back to the regular light brown.... oh boy.... I don't know... its too hard!