• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Best Spray Undercoating

Dave K.

Legacy Registered User
City
Milwaukee
State
WI
With winter looming--yes it is--I decided to hit the underside of my 06 LJ with something similar to Waxoyl but have heard great things about Dinitrol--anyone know where you can buy this product? I also want to spray the inside of my frame with it as well as other areas. This stuff sounds great, especially the underbody treatment.

jak inc

I H8 RUST!
Lifetime Member
City
Merton
State
WI
Dave,
I use a product called Fluid Film on my plow trucks and it is available at Nue's Hardware in the Falls. It is similar to the Waxoyl the Rover community uses. It is available in aerosols or by the gallon for use in your own sprayer. It has worked great for me the past 5 years or so. Call me if you want more info on it.
-Jeff

flashover604

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Lancaster
State
Oh
[SUP][/SUP]
Dave,
I use a product called Fluid Film on my plow trucks and it is available at Nue's Hardware in the Falls. It is similar to the Waxoyl the Rover community uses. It is available in aerosols or by the gallon for use in your own sprayer. It has worked great for me the past 5 years or so. Call me if you want more info on it.
-Jeff

I'm getting ready to do some frame repair and general de-rustification. A buddy of mine gets fluid film by the five gallon bucket. We're going to spray the frame down when we're done. He's got a flexible wand style applicator with holes in the end that you can spray the inside of the frame with as well. He swears by the stuff here in salt-hio...

Dave K.

Legacy Registered User
City
Milwaukee
State
WI
Thanks guys, I've seen fluid film used before but I thought the other product was more permanent in nature, that it had more properties such as anti-nick and chips from rocks and also one-time application--or at least not yearly. Will touch base with you when I get back Jeff and take a look.