• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

SpeedHut Universal Sender and help with length of 15 gallon sender

cdvcj8

It's Not My Scrambler
Lifetime Member
City
West Friendship
State
MD
Hey,

I mentioned this in the SpeedHut thread. I'm going to try this and some SpeedHut gauges to try to fix my broken fuel level.

1) Has anyone done this before or have any thoughts?

2) Does anyone have a sender for the 15 gallon tank lying around. I need the measurement: "from bottom of black top piece to end of sender metal tube"

http://www.speedhut.com/ecommerce/product/681/Fuel-Level-Capacitance-Universal-Sender

Thanks!
Chris V.

hefavitzen

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Rock Hill
State
SC
i have not yet, but am in the same frame of mind. As soon as I can get some other items off my list, I'll be looking into this. will be following your progress, so please post often!!!! :)

Sent from my iPad HD

Chipster1990

Back in the game!!
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Birmingham
State
AL
Bump to see if anyone can answer this question. If so, please post. I need to order while it's on sale and need the length.

Thanks.
Chip

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
My buddy has one on his shelf in his shop. Let me ask him.

Edit- my friend is out of town. Sorry. But looking for a diagram.

Last edited:

Chipster1990

Back in the game!!
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Birmingham
State
AL
Double Bump!!
I really want to order these gauges and the sender to go with it while the sales price is in affect. Please, if anyone has bought and used the Speedhut fuel sender on a stock 15 gallon tank, what length did you use???
Any help is appreciated!!

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Double Bump!!
I really want to order these gauges and the sender to go with it while the sales price is in affect. Please, if anyone has bought and used the Speedhut fuel sender on a stock 15 gallon tank, what length did you use???
Any help is appreciated!!

Hope this helps. My buddy got home and took pics.

91806a25dba5f260e16f06f5ef343a05-1.jpg

d95377bbaab0a493dad53b7a84ab6a4c-1.jpg

Chipster1990

Back in the game!!
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Birmingham
State
AL