• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Gazzo's Down-under CJ thread

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
Lifetime Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
Thought I'd take the liberty of starting a thread here on this super forum. I've been lurking for a while now and it seems you folks are all are all pretty keen on the long Jeep as am I. I currently run a 86 CJ8 Overlander and a 84 CJ7 Renegade and have had other Jeeps in the past.

I want to put all my Jeep stuff in one place so it's easy to keep track of and being varied in nature it may have something somewhere that interests a few folks. We have some pretty good stuff going on in my shop right now which will end up in one very nice 8 for a friend of mine and whilst we don't get up to wheeling like most of you lot do we still get to go to some pretty nice spots here in the bottom half of Western Australia.

Unfortunately I'm at work and out of time right now plus I have just paid my new subscription fee so prolly nothing will work properly but if I can I'll post up a couple of pictures to show what we're about.

2 minutes later......uploading doesn't work. Oh well. I'll try later.

zero2wow

SOA old xprez...
Lifetime Member
City
Vancouver
State
WA
Welcome to our forum Gazzo,

Yep, don't give up trying to post. A lot of folks here to help if you run in to trouble.
We look forward to seeing more of what your up to in your build journey.

glad you're no longer lurking :thumbsup:

z :ZZZ:

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Welcome. And I live your profile pic. Can we see a larger version of that one too?

Dain

rustycrawler

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Reston
State
VA
Welcome! I think your issue is that a human must update your account to post pics and all the humans were asleep on this side of the planet.

Wake up! Let him post pics!

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Welcome fellow CJ owner ! Can't wait to see pics of your CJs. You've found the best site on the planet! :thumbsup:

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
Lifetime Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
Hi folks, thanks for the welcome. Mighty decent.
I think I'm good to post pics now but I'm on my phone at present so we'll see how that goes
The 8 has had a noisy engine since I got it last year, bad gudgeon or big end slap so unreliable in my books. Also badly underpowered WITH a slippy clutch. As part of our twin white CJ8s project there have been some parts surplus to requirement which been finding their way into my 8. First was the T5 a few months ago which really brought the vehicle to life (999 came out, suspect).
Yesterday in went the I6 which came out of the white one I sold to my friend.
8uveja5u-1.jpg

New clutch too. Wow, what a difference! I have some big dunes around here and some long transport sections of highway if we venture out further. The dunes and the highway have been a problem but I will find out over the next few days if those problems been solved.
23nyru6e3e.jpg

haqege4u-1.jpg

Our back yard when we are on holidays
ete8eveb-1.jpg

The 7. I'll get the 8 a birthday like this sort of in due course
gu3e6yza-1.jpg

A bunch of females

Gotta go get lunch for my gang. I'll be back!

Sent from my iPhone

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
Welcome! :thumbsup:

Nice looking Jeeps. I'm sure you will fit right in. :wave:

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
Lifetime Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
Serial numbers say these two are 7 vehicles apart off the line and here they are together on holidays. Who'd a thought?
hu4adaze-1.jpg

Great way to spend your Christmas
ybe7equ9-1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
Lifetime Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
Pretty happy Z. Thanks. Merry Xmas.

Sent from my iPhone

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
Lifetime Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
So we're calling the engine swap a complete success. We have a dune here which has always proven a bit of a bearch for the two 8s I've had here. Now that problem is GONE!!
I went there, grabs a whole bunch of right foot and zoomed straight up with air at the top with four on board. My buddy in his with the auto was having trouble back down at the bottom and on his third attempt got diagonally hung up. I pushed him back off that and proceeded to go straight back up....in reverse!!
Sorry no pics of this episode but pretty stoked at the results.
This "new" engine has a 350 Holley, extractors (you guys call them headers) and some nice plug leads but that's it. New clutch helps too.
Panorama from Christmas Day solitude
qyreveve-1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
Lifetime Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
Found some other pics you guys might like
My red one all clothed:
mury5eba-1.jpg

This one since it's winter where you are ;)
arase2u2-1.jpg

The twin white CJ8s project
adamunaz-1.jpg

After I put on the 2.5" lift Ranchos. Swapped those turbines for waggies
aquse3y2-1.jpg

Random
gygazaza-1.jpg

Just another day at the beach
3yzysy4y-1.jpg

Chillin and grillin
a5yqudag-1.jpg

The white Overlander that I sold to my mate the the Twins project
epehugun-1.jpg

Good times!

Sent from my iPhone

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
Awesome pictures! I DO speak Dunes! :thumbsup:

I think you would enjoy Our Sand Blast at Silver Lake Sand Dunes along the Lake Michigan shore line in August, but the travel time and expense MAY be a little much. :wave: