• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Should I get excited about this?

DirtyB

Crazy Cajun
Lifetime Member
City
Port Allen
State
LA
Saw this at the junkyard today. Is this anything to get excited about? I actually briefly considered inquiring how much they wanted for the front grill and side fenders. Just for a radical look.

IMG_20140203_134637-1.jpg

IMG_20140203_134645-1.jpg

IMG_20140203_134656-1.jpg

jak inc

I H8 RUST!
Lifetime Member
City
Merton
State
WI
I would nab the top and doors while you are at it, depending how much they want. If the engine is original, it would be a Nissan diesel. Good find... bird dog!:thumbsup:

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Get the doors, door glass, top, grill and fenders. All worth the money.

bobbysjeep

Legacy Registered User
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Several members have been looking for those doors over the last couple of years. They fit Postal and Overlander tops.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
I want the whole cab for a custom 12' bed truck ! Seriously u don't see those in junk yards every day. Wonder what they want for it and parts ?

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Don't know if you can buy the whole thing but id do that if that's an option and its your type of thing. You can then grab the body and all the parts and send the rest to scrap. With that rear ballast if its still there that's alot of resale weight.

Needs to be saved before its crushed. :twocents:

AK-RWC

Legacy Registered User
Gold Member
City
south central
State
AK
Thus far, nobody has identified for the OP what this is:

It's a CJ-10a airport tug. They're kinda cool; we've had a few threads around here on them. Use google and check out some of the various builds people have done with them over the years. There's a fair amount of info out there about them.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
The starter on those is worth big dollars. Very rare item.

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Thus far, nobody has identified for the OP what this is:

It's a CJ-10a airport tug. They're kinda cool; we've had a few threads around here on them. Use google and check out some of the various builds people have done with them over the years. There's a fair amount of info out there about them.

RC posted the google link in post #10 but thanks for explaining it here. :thumbsup:

rustycrawler

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Reston
State
VA
RC posted the google link in post #10 but thanks for explaining it here. :thumbsup:

I don't want to risk upsetting the gentleman who happens to know an extremely beautiful woman who happens to have several postals...so I'll just say, he did a much better job of explaining it than I did. Mine was more of an afterthought....

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
I don't want to risk upsetting the gentleman who happens to know an extremely beautiful woman who happens to have several postals...so I'll just say, he did a much better job of explaining it than I did. Mine was more of an afterthought....

I just didn't want your efforts to go unnoticed. :)

DirtyB

Crazy Cajun
Lifetime Member
City
Port Allen
State
LA
Unfortunately, I'm not a "buy and part it out" kinda guy. I have a hard time storing and working on my own CJ-8 in a little boat port much less anything else. My Pop is letting me rebuild a second jeep in his shop on the farm, but I'm pushing it as it is. :rolleyes:

If anyone seriously wants anything off of it, I'll inquire and maybe even pull stuff for you and store (for a very short time). If anyone wants to drive down and pull it themselves, I'll help with tools (I only have small hand tools) or a place to sleep over the weekend blah blah blah. Everyone is so nice on this board. If I can help out, I will.

DirtyB

Crazy Cajun
Lifetime Member
City
Port Allen
State
LA
I thought about pulling the fenders and front grill and mating it to my own CJ-8, but in the end, I don't like the square headlights.