• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Pics of your stock lap belt mountings?

Omega1300

Basic User
City
Minneapolis
State
MN
Hey all - so recently I was looking for the female connector for my driver-side lap belt in a 1981 scrambler. Well, I believe I found a pair and they're on their way now.

However, previous owners have done some patchwork on my floorboards. Therefore, I don't see the factory seatbelt mounting hole.

I'm wondering if anyone could help me out with a picture of where the seatbelts should mount, and how their mounted? It would really help me out.

Thanks!!

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Look from the bottom of the tub and see if you can find the OEM nut/washer. You might be able to drill through the replaced floor and still use the original welded on nut.

4miles

CJ-8 Member
City
Virginia Beach
State
VA
Look from the bottom of the tub and see if you can find the OEM nut/washer. You might be able to drill through the replaced floor and still use the original welded on nut.

Here is a picture of the location underneath.
seatbelt nuts2.jpg

Omega1300

Basic User
City
Minneapolis
State
MN
Thanks 4miles!! This is very helpful - I know you're using aftermarket belts, but are those the stock mounting locations?