• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

manualized auto

Maz.

Legacy Registered User
City
Australia
State
AU
Does anyone run a fully manualized auto in their scrambler? If so, what are your thoughts on it? How does it go offroad and on the street? Do you recommend running a reverse pattern shift or standard pattern?

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Not exactly what you're asking, but I run an older version of this electronic shifter on a Cherokee AW4:

http://radesignsproducts.com/Rail.html

It lets me flip an Auto/Manual control switch that I wired in and then I use this shifter for full manual control of the transmission's forward gears (you still need to use the tranny shifter for reverse). Flip the switch back and it's fully automatic again, controlled by the tranny shifter. You can wire it in so it's always in control of the tranny, but I didn't want that.

Best of both worlds and finding this was what finally made the decision for me to go with the 4.0/AW4 along with the advantages of EFI, overdrive and the ability to drop in a stroker later.