• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

What did you do with your Scrambler today? September 2014 version

Status
Not open for further replies.

84scramblertex

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Richardson
State
TX
Since I always seem to post at the end of the month I thought I would start the September one.

Drove the snot out of it over the last 2 days. Having the wife drive it as well. I did some troubleshooting on the fuel gauge but no reading yet. Based on the posts and steps it would appear my sending unit is toast. I also need to find a better fitting oil cap for the cast aluminum valve cover. Using a universal but it got a little chewed up with initial install. Any ideas there? Thanks and happy scrambling y'all.

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Since I always seem to post at the end of the month I thought I would start the September one.

Drove the snot out of it over the last 2 days. Having the wife drive it as well. I did some troubleshooting on the fuel gauge but no reading yet. Based on the posts and steps it would appear my sending unit is toast. I also need to find a better fitting oil cap for the cast aluminum valve cover. Using a universal but it got a little chewed up with initial install. Any ideas there? Thanks and happy scrambling y'all.

As for the oil cap, I got a universal one that had the rubber part too big and spent some time sanding it down little by little. Pretty snug.

84scramblertex

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Richardson
State
TX
As for the oil cap, I got a universal one that had the rubber part too big and spent some time sanding it down little by little. Pretty snug.

I will have to pick one up and start sanding. Thanks Dain.

SHLTR2

Island Jeeper
Lifetime Member
City
Drummond Island
State
MI
IMG-20140902-01562.jpgPulled the white '81 in the neighbor's garage and rolled the frame out and slid a new one back under it. Been wanting to do that for a while.

xjrev10

Basic User
City
Virginia
State
MN
Found out I need a new starter in the McDonalds drive through this am.

Gave everyone a show push starting it in the parking lot.

tiber

Basic User
City
Lake St. Louis
State
MO
Finally passed CA smog yesterday. Nothing a new catalytic converter, gas cap, and timing adjustment couldn't solve.
Oh, and money.

Expect to see a new thread soon with questions surrounding the new back-pressure phenomenon I am now experiencing with the CA cat (had an older one previously that's now considered a '49 state cat' I guess).

BrandonV

Basic User
City
Farmer
State
NC
went and checked on mine at the body shop... got one fender replaced and rear 1/4 panel. hope to get a fire lit under him and things moving along soon. never tell a mechanic it's not a rush job

Wanderingone

Basic User
City
Hookstown
State
PA
We'll today ordered a patch for the curbside floorboard from Classic Enterprises and a laundry list of supplies from Eastwood and planned tomorrow's fender well patches installs.

Also told my daughter yes it will be done soon but not this weekend.

Hope to get the factory ROPS out pull the tub. For work on the bottom.

Kids have some foam to pull, the wretched stuff is just about gone.

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Not a dam thing it my bachelor party weekend!!!!!!!!🙎🙇🙋🙌🙍🙅🙏🙆🙅🙍

Sent from my SPH-L900

hastings215

Basic User
City
New Orleans
State
LA
Came home to this on the scrambler...
epune2yv-1.jpg

Awesome but no thanks.

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
Tested out the new elocker. Beautiful day on Redcone Peak. :smokin:

SHLTR2

Island Jeeper
Lifetime Member
City
Drummond Island
State
MI
IMG-20140907-01586.jpg Had some time this afternoon, so got the body all attached to the new frame, got the rear axle in, tires on and put the motor in. Made the wife happy!

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
Not really scrambler related, but fun nonetheless.

Visiting Vesuvius yesterday (a trip we've been planning for years) and only 2 ways up the 1220 m volcano: mountain bike or Off Road Bus. We didn't even know about the MB choice (and my wife doesn't think we would have made it) so we took the bus that leaves you about a 30 minute hike from the crater.

Ride up: MB Unimog

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410531536.555003.jpg

Ride down: Fiat ????

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410531651.926722.jpg

The MB's were all aired way down, the Fiat almost not at all. The fiat had mean looking portal axels, had to be 2.5 ton or so. The road up was about 2/3 paved but very badly neglected, the top 1/3 ashy gravel. My wife asked on the way up what I'd rate the road, I told her the was only a 1, but if you had gone strait up to the crate (past the tree line) it looked an easy 3 or 4.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410533091.847254.jpg

Cheer!

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
View attachment 44327 Had some time this afternoon, so got the body all attached to the new frame, got the rear axle in, tires on and put the motor in. Made the wife happy!

Planning on using this one at SODA at the end of the month? (SODA= Scramblers on Drummond Adventure) Julie needs some grease on her hands LOL. :wave:

Tridiumeor

Basic User
City
Bozeman
State
MT
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410574166.214789.jpg
Today I finally mounted my Marchal lights. I still need to piece together a wiring harness and switch though. I also haven't posted my new bumper and winch. Someday I'll be able to afford to upgrade to an 8274, but until that day this one will have to do. I like the looks if this bumper with the original lights, I think it gives it an updated classic look.

40below

Basic User
City
Fairbanks
State
AK
have Jersey's jeep all packed and ready but ducks aren't in row yet all flying away. creamers4.JPG
Eagle River transportation company hasn't called yet and getting a wrecker on the weekend--especially during hunting season--is going to be iffy.

40below

Basic User
City
Fairbanks
State
AK
some of the goodies packed to gopack2.JPG postal headliner and cj-8 door panels

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.