• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Hardtop reinforcement kit

flashover604

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Lancaster
State
Oh
Quadratec has these for the windshield to hardtop connection. Has anyone ever used one of these kits? The holes in my fiberglass windshield have turned into slots...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411128081.870549.jpg

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Have to look that up.. Never seen those..

Sent from my SPH-L900

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
3y2upa2u-1.jpg

Page 32

Sent from my SPH-L900

jims chop shop

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
stafford
State
va
Would this fix this ?
Someone used nuts and bolts to secure the metal strip on the inside
yne6ynus-1.jpg

flashover604

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Lancaster
State
Oh
My top is alright, but the windshield frame looks horrible. I used some small bolts through the windshield frame last winter, but I like the idea of this being a little more rigid. Also in the summer I could take a piece of aluminum and fasten it where the hardtop plate normally goes and cover all of the holes in the frame.

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
I like to use nutserts in the fiberglass top and the windwhield frame. It's like a pop rivet but it becomes a nut. Then you can use machine screws. Hopefully the size hole needed for the nutsert will be bigger than the slots you currently have. Possibly adding more screws would help it to last longer.

flashover604

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Lancaster
State
Oh
The holes have been wallowed out pretty bad. I'll try to get a picture. It looks like a woodpecker got confused and just went to town on it. I'm going to give this reinforcement kit a try. I don't think it can hurt. As for the nutserts, I've used them before, but never in fiberglass. If this kit doesn't do it, I'll probably give them a try,

jeepfreak62

Basic User
City
Evans City
State
Pa
I have a kit ,never installed but not to much to it ,you could make one very easy.if you want I could measure it up this weekend if you would like

flashover604

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Lancaster
State
Oh
It didn't look like there was much to it, but by the time I got the aluminum, bolts, and the time to make it and paint it, I'd probably be ahead to just spend the $30. I appreciate the measurement offer!