• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Part #5

Cpittman428

Basic User
City
Fort Collins
State
CO
Anybody know where to get the part labeled on the diagram #5?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413385445.961995.jpg
Or what has anyone used as a makeshift replacement?

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
IMG_1947[1].JPGOnly set of those I've ever seen is on our Scrambler, and the top has never been off of it. I'm guessing if I ever remove the top they will disintigrate.

No idea what they're called.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
The pieces wm69 is showing are number 9 And indeed pieces that break the first time you take the hard top off. I think what he is referring to though is the corner rubber pieces up underneath the top is that what you mean?

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
View attachment 44714Only set of those I've ever seen is on our Scrambler, and the top has never been off of it. I'm guessing if I ever remove the top they will disintigrate.

Can u take a close up picture of that part you have. Is it a seal? I Never seen one like that..

Sent from my SPH-L900

Cpittman428

Basic User
City
Fort Collins
State
CO
Dave got it perfect! It's the rubber seal in the corner that I'm looking for... My Scrambler didn't have any when I bought it.

Dave The Sparky

Rebuilding my CJ8 very,very slowly...
City
Halifax
State
UK
Forgot to mention that's not sat correctly there its just resting in that position as my half cab isn't fastened to the windshield on the photo.
And it is just a bit of rubber held in by a pot riveted bracket as far as i can tell.
If you need any more photos let me know, my half cab isn't fastened down yet so its no problem. I do know i don't have the other part as shown by wm69 and have no idea what that bit looks like.
As Jersey says probably destroyed on removal.

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Can u take a close up picture of that part you have. Is it a seal? I Never seen one like that..

Sent from my SPH-L900

Will try to remember to do it next time I have the Scrambler out for exercise.

Jersey, any way to remove the top without breaking it? Is it glued to the windshield frame or ??? Have a full top to go on the Jeep at some point, but certainly don't want to tear anything up taking off the 1/2 cab.

skiptown

CJ-8 Member
City
Madison
State
WI
Ive had 3 CJ7s and my Scrambler all with hardtops and Ive never seen that bracket/part before. See what you learn here!

View attachment 44714Only set of those I've ever seen is on our Scrambler, and the top has never been off of it. I'm guessing if I ever remove the top they will disintigrate.

jims chop shop

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
stafford
State
va
I had an 85 cj7 that had those and the top had never been off
They broke when I pulled it !

jims chop shop

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
stafford
State
va
7urehyba-1.jpg

Cpittman428

Basic User
City
Fort Collins
State
CO
This part? and it means i get a chance to use my photo again:smokin:

View attachment 44716

**AHEM!!!** .... Anyways.... Anyone know where I can find this part Dave is showing us?!? Hahaha!
By all means continue the "self destructing piece" discussion on this thread as well because I love learning about anything Scrambler related!!

How about gr8tops? Do their tops come with a piece here or has their design eliminated the need for the rubber piece? My top has the metal bracket with the screw that holds the rubber in place, just no rubber.. I'll try to get a pic tomorrow in the daylight.

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx
The CJ-7 hardtop seals are different than Scrambler 1/2 top.

These are the Scrambler plastic windshield seals.
Only available color from AMC/Jeep after production of the Jeep was black.
I plan to install these next time top is off.
One side has double sided tape to hold in place.

photo_zps82569559-1.jpg

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Wow so your saying the nutmeg ones are super duper rare.. As they only replace in black.. I think we found the rarest jeep part ever! Lol

Sent from my SPH-L900