• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Need some help 1974 jeep wagoneer

cablackone

Basic User
City
Van Wert
State
Oh
I just bought my wife a 1964 Not 1974 waggy unbelievabley clean been in a building for years no motor, problem is the paperwork was lost a long time ago. I bought it off a friend who owns a car lot and bought it out of the barn for scrap. Has anyone scraped or parted one out that may sell me the leftover wagoneer with good title? I got this to build for my wife since she bought me my Scrambler for Christmas a couple years ago. Please pm me if you can help thanks, Craig

Last edited:

jims chop shop

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
stafford
State
va
You need to change your post or it will be deleted

What you need to do is file for an abandoned vehicle tiltle

cablackone

Basic User
City
Van Wert
State
Oh
Change it how? From what I understand in Ohio only a business That repairs cars can file an abandoned vehicle title unless you have a court order and to get that you have to send certified letter to previous owner who is in my case deceased

Last edited:

cdvcj8

It's Not My Scrambler
Lifetime Member
City
West Friendship
State
MD
Forum rules don't allow questions like this as it is illegal to do what you're asking. From a quick glance at their website the Ohio BMW doesn't seem very "friendly". Have you tried calling the Titling Support & Dealer Licensing Section at 614-752-7671?

However, as you say it might be easier to find a business that will help you do this.

cablackone

Basic User
City
Van Wert
State
Oh
So I can't buy another waggy and use the one I have for parts? That's what I am asking?

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
So I can't buy another waggy and use the one I have for parts? That's what I am asking?

That is ok, what is not allowed is buying and selling titles only. Your first post could be construed that way.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I hope you work out a way to apply for a title for that one to fix up and drive, that's the type of patina I :drool: all over. Those wheels make me weak in the knees... so cool. :bow:

Nice save!

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
In Arkansas you can file for a bonded title. You buy a bond, the state issues a temporary title that allows you to drive the vehicle, and then attempts to contact previous owner. If the prior owner(s) shows up with the title, you lose your vehicle. If nobody comes forward after so much time, you get a title.

May be off on the minor details, but that's pretty much how I understand it works here. Nothing like that up there?

cablackone

Basic User
City
Van Wert
State
Oh
In Ohio nothing is easy at the bmv I just had to get that I have always loved the gladiator grills and my wife loves wagons

cdvcj8

It's Not My Scrambler
Lifetime Member
City
West Friendship
State
MD
Yeah, I hate the Maryland DMV, but your BMV's website just reads as "we're downright unfriendly, you're bothering us, and nothing you want to do is going to be easy" :banghead:

Sorry, about the misunderstanding as to your intent. Hopefully you can get this beauty back on the road in some form or another :fingerscrossed: I know my wife would absolutely love to have it.

Chris V.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
OK, this really works. I used them once years ago, I was really nervous but they came through. I understand how it's 100% legal, still seems to be a bit of a gray area, however.

http://www.broadwaytitle.com/

Last edited:

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
"Grey area" is rapidly approaching the wrong side of this issue here folks. I would suggest anyone having any "grey" solutions PM the guy directly and keep it off the forum please.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Back to the pic - what happened to the rear doors? Its got 1964 cues, but its more like 1974...what are you getting at when you say 64/74 :shrug:

cablackone

Basic User
City
Van Wert
State
Oh
74 was a typo its a 64 not 74 I couldn't edit title after I realized itI've read about the grey area and would prefer to try other solutions first but thanks for the reply

jims chop shop

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
stafford
State
va
"Grey area" is rapidly approaching the wrong side of this issue here folks. I would suggest anyone having any "grey" solutions PM the guy directly and keep it off the forum please.

That's why I said abandoned vehicle title
No gray area
DMV sends last owner a letter to remove the vehicle
Something like 30 days you can apply for a title

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR

Post edited, portion left posted is 100% legal.

cablackone

Basic User
City
Van Wert
State
Oh
Ok in Ohio to get an abandoned vehicle title it must be applied for by an auto dealer or repair shop, which my buddy who sold it to me does have. He said he would get me a title, which is great news. Only issue is it has to sit in his bull pen for up to two months which means I may get it home end of December :banghead: But I will have a title. I did get more story on the waggy It was brought to Ohio over 20 years ago out of California from the service stickers dated 1968 and earlier it was in the Burbank area. It has 54,000 and change miles on the body. The owner who brought it to Ohio has big plans that never happened. So I do need some parts if anyone on here has any please PM me thanks guys once I get it home next to the Scrambler I will post more pics of her