• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

2014 CJ-8.com Secret Santa - 3rd Annual

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
:christmas::christmas::christmas:

url.jpg

Ok folks, it's that time again. We've all seen the Christmas commercials and the hardware stores are in full-on Christmas prep mode, so it's time to get this organized so we're not pushing things last minute to give everyone time to get/send gifts.

We've done this for a couple years now and regardless of what anyone else thinks (and ignoring the fact that I don't actually get anything since I run the whole deal and know who has who) I consider it a fun and successful annual tradition on the site now. :bacon:

Last year's thread with photos of the cool gifts folks got: https://www.cj-8.com/forum/showthread.php?40686-2nd-ANNUAL-CJ-8-com-SECRET-SANTA

Rules:
1. ONLY PAID FORUM SUPPORTERS CAN PARTICIPATE
If you haven't read it already, this is a great thread for folks to check out to understand how this forum is run, why things here are different (better) than other Jeep forums, and why we need your support for way less than the cost of a tank of gas per year:

https://www.cj-8.com/forum/showthre...p-against-please-consider-supporting-CJ-8-com

2. ANYONE PARTICIPATING MUST POST A PHOTO OF THEMSELVES WITH THEIR GIFT ASAP AFTER RECEIVING IT
It is not sufficient to simply post a picture of the gift. YOU must be in the photo to get credit for this step in order to avoid prolonged nagging and ridicule by the rest of us. In your picture with your gift, ugly Christmas sweaters, funny headwear, beer, bacon, bourbon, and/or Christmas trees appearing in the picture will earn you extra credit (usable for nothing, but hey! Extra credit!) Aside from the fact that this is fun for folks who participate, this is really the only truly fun thing in this whole deal for me personally, therefore it's absolutely, 100%, completely mandatory dammit. :evil:

3. GIFT PRICE LIMIT: $25
The whole thing is on the honor system, so there's no way to enforce this, but this is just a fun thing and not meant to be "another thing I have to spend moolah on..." so we put this in place to keep it reasonable and allow more folks to participate. And you don't have to spend all $25 if you have a great idea for less money. On the other hand, if you want to be the guy that sends someone a fuel injected, 401 crate engine, have at it, but know you're very likely getting something $25 or less for yourself.

4. POST HERE IF YOU'RE IN AND SEND ME A NAME AND MAILING ADDRESS ON A PM
Everyone should know who is in, but I'll make sure not to let anyone know who had who. I need your address to provide to your SS to get you your gift, duh. Obviously, if you ship the person the gift, they'll likely know who it came from based on the return address, but there's really no reasonable alternative system, so the fun is the anticipation of the gift and not knowing who it came from until it arrives, in that case.

5. THIS IS ON THE HONOR SYSTEM, YOU MUST FOLLOW THROUGH IF YOU GO IN
Someone WILL be screwed if you don't follow through because they will have sent a gift to someone else. I WILL let people know who doesn't follow through, if it happens. For this to be fun, everyone needs to ship their gifts by the deadline so no one is sitting around waiting after everyone else has their gift. If we start having issues with follow through (not one issue yet!), I won't keep this going and I don't want to stop doing this, so follow through.

Timing:
Participation

I need names/mailing addresses PMed to me by MIDNIGHT SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 23. I'd like to set this in motion by Thanksgiving day this year, which would give everyone black Friday to do shopping, if they wanted, to get a cool deal. That means I have to have everyone's name/address in time to do the name drawing and share them out to everyone.

Gift Shipping:
Everyone ships their gift by SAT DECEMBER 13. That's more than two weeks for finding/buying/shipping gifts and leaves time for delivery prior to the big day even with weather and the shipping crunch.

Ok!
Let me know if you're in and if there's anything I forgot.

:christmas::christmas::christmas:

Last edited:

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
I was curious on sizing... if the gift were to be as mentioned an ugly sweater, t-shirt, etc. is it possible to find out sizing as a list of requirements (address) or is this traditionally not in the gift realm?

cb

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
NO, sorry, that was meant as things that could be included in the photo of you with the gift NOT the gift itself.

Guess I wasn't clear enough.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I suppose providing your size for a shirt with your name/address makes sense though.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
I'd say wing the size based on a photo of the forum member somewhere on here...if you cant find a silly photo, dont send them a silly sweater/tshirt :bacon:

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
You didnt...we just enjoy picking on you...:) And dont worry I wont post the pic up of you snoring during the Jets game...:eek: :wave:

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
You ain't the only one with pics friend... and besides, there are tons of pictures of me snoring, I do it well and for some reason people feel compelled to take pics and video of it... lol!

OK, I will include my size and info... astrological sign and hopes, dreams and wishes :)

cb

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Maybe folks should include if they want their 401 with EFI or a carb too?

Jersey, I expect that PM from you about being in on this.

cdvcj8

It's Not My Scrambler
Lifetime Member
City
West Friendship
State
MD
I'm in. I'm not greedy, though. A fuel injected 4.7 is sufficient for me 😄

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Alright, I'm in.

SHLTR2

Island Jeeper
Lifetime Member
City
Drummond Island
State
MI
i think shirt size with/address is a great idea!