• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Can't start on the Scrambler yet.........................

jbeemer

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Conklin
State
MI
Had to help dad get the VW bug painted. I consider it repaying for all my junk he painted when I started driving.

He's got it all stripped and most of the body work done, so he brought it up to my shop and we rolled the paint booth back down.

Today I sprayed the etching primer and 2 colors of high build primer on the tub (inside, outside, trunk, and engine compartment) 4 fenders, 2 doors, trunk, hood, glove box, tail light mounts, license plate mount, and 8 wheels (16 guns of juice) :crazy:

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
So shiny! My neighbor just finished a 73 and painted it a similar red. Looks great.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
What year is the bug? Looks like Super Beetle from the fenders, but hard to tell.

cb

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
It really came out nice... I need to get moving on finding me a '74 Super Beetle... gonna 70's it up with purple flake and deep dish mags... been in my head for the last 35 years.

cb

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
It really came out nice... I need to get moving on finding me a '74 Super Beetle... gonna 70's it up with purple flake and deep dish mags... been in my head for the last 35 years.

cb

Purple flake would be awesome. Big flakes too. I always wanted one done up dune buggy style.