• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

What did you do with your Scrambler today? December 2014 Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
New thread for a new month.

:christmas: :bacon: :smokin:

All I did with mine today was walk past it and note that it STILL has no radiator in it and no radiator is yet ordered :angry:

TexasAg77

S.O.A. Charter Member
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Cleveland
State
TN
Walked by it yesterday knowing I still need to change the fuel filter and see if that helps it not running right.... I am hoping it isn't the computer again. Have done all the other normal "tune-up" things....:cool:

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
yep i also have done nothing jeep related lately except for buying parts. i just look at them and say hi... this week i been installing a new he boiler in my house. price as of today 6k :eek: :christmas:

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Drove it like I do everyday. Well with some added decoration.

a45afa745b21a6f655b5815e0829439a-1.jpg

a206c4e4ae7a8ab5e6e83a6973b4766a-1.jpg

skiptown

CJ-8 Member
City
Madison
State
WI
top is still off but I put the hard doors on and made a run to the dump. Its kind of like sno-mobiling but with a radio!

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Since the focus is off it is hard to see, but it is just three sections of the garland with lights in it. I have it plugged into an inverter in the cab. I also have a wreathe on the front like normal.

I am driving it in a parade on Saturday and am trying to think of something else for the bed. Maybe an inflatable yard thing or a fake christmas tree. Not sure if the power will be enough for an inflatable or not.

SHLTR2

Island Jeeper
Lifetime Member
City
Drummond Island
State
MI
Got the 81 fired up and running, then hooked up the exhaust. Still need to install the Painfull-looking wiring harness so that things work, like the ignition.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Since the focus is off it is hard to see, but it is just three sections of the garland with lights in it. I have it plugged into an inverter in the cab. I also have a wreathe on the front like normal.

I am driving it in a parade on Saturday and am trying to think of something else for the bed. Maybe an inflatable yard thing or a fake christmas tree. Not sure if the power will be enough for an inflatable or not.

Put a Power Wheels Jeep in the bed done up the same way with lights/garland/wreath.

YJ-8

Basic User
City
Austin
State
TX
I got the rear of the "YJ-8" tacked together, next up is welding it up and joining it to the front of the tub

5wy2jk-1.jpg

FlagJeep

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Flagstaff
State
az
Looked at it sitting in the garage recognizing it is moving up the to-do list so I can drive it comfortably to work again

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Drive mine every day. Although, LS power and mud tires are not the optimal setup for this last week of ice.

And, I cuss myself for not getting the soft top rear window zippers replaced before winter...the heater has a hard enough time keeping up without the two big openings in the back...

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Drove it in a parade. Thanks for the idea of using a Power Wheels Jeep in the back. Add two kids and .....

2bf0e7b1db7a4444a7e74a02f4729eca-1.jpg

I heard the phrase "Jeep in a Jeep" more times than I can count. And I was the only CJ. Our club had 7 JKs, one LJ and my CJ. Too bad it was raining.

c6083d065db85baec20edd9dddde1714-1.jpg

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
It was bigger than I thought it would be. I am glad we were able to have it sit level and strap it and the kids down safely.

The kids loved all of the attention they got. Too bad they got really wet by the end of the parade.

cdvcj8

It's Not My Scrambler
Lifetime Member
City
West Friendship
State
MD
Awesome. I'm sure it will be a great memory regardless of getting wet :christmas:

regular guy

Basic User
City
Cameron
State
NC
Just scrubbed the back of the jeep out from the transmission fluid that spilled. That stuff gets everywhere! Luckily it is now oiled and rust should never be an issue again!

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Just scrubbed the back of the jeep out from the transmission fluid that spilled. That stuff gets everywhere! Luckily it is now oiled and rust should never be an issue again!

That's looking at the bright side!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.