• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

My first CJ-8

Dolf

Basic User
City
Springfield
State
VA
I just graduated this weekend so I wanted to buy myself a graduation present. I've had 3 CJ's including my current 1986 CJ-7 which is a garage queen. I ran across a 1982 CJ-8 that needed some work so I picked it up yesterday. It came from the eastern shore in Maryland. I got it for $6500 with two extra sets of hard doors (including one pairs that has opening vent windows), one extra hard top with the holes for the 3 point shoulder belts (the orig top one has only seat belts), one extra set of soft doors, and extra steering column, an extra set of F150 shock towers, and some recovery equipment and other odds and ends. I figured on learning to do some body work, and basic paint on it. I've done welding before just not on an auto body, and some painting. The 258 engine has been replaced and has between 5 and 10k on it. The T-5 trans hits a few gears going into third. The frame is great with the vast majority of what appears to be the original frame paint is still on it. The underside of the body has some light surface rust, and the floors are good.

don87401

Original Owner
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
Welcome to the group, sound like you are on your way to a fun time the Scrambler.

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Welcome...another Virginia Scrambler!

We have other members on here that should be fairly close to you.

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Wow good score on the east coast with light rust and Welcome to the board you will find all the info you need here but be aware that pictures are king! Words not so much.. 😃 good luck

Z Monster

Legacy Registered User
City
Faifax Station
State
VA
Welcome to the forum, a great place to learn and share ideas. Sounds like a nice find with extra's to boot.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Welcome! Sounds nice- we need some pics!

Scrambler Man

Basic User
City
Fremont
State
NE
Maybe you'll get a camera for Christmas.
We'll be waiting.

Just messing with ya, Welcome to the addiction.

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Not to worry about the camera some people here draw pictures of there scrambler.. 😜

cdvcj8

It's Not My Scrambler
Lifetime Member
City
West Friendship
State
MD
Welcome!! Although, I think you've cut the number of Scramblers in Maryland by 1/3. Guess that makes mine even more unique :headbang: