• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Epic fails

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Working at a custom shop, we see epic fails all the time ranging from things put together wrong to catastrophic engine failures. Most other don't get to see this stuff so I thought I'd start taking pics of the carnage for all to enjoy. It's always better when it's not your own failures right?

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
c94cca97f45a8bed414ce7ce2e95a755-1.jpg
a047dca486f15bcca7d1870eefb67816-1.jpg

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
The engine that had the lifter failure wiped almost all of them like what was in the pic. Another reason to run the zinc additive. The fuel pumps in the pics were mounted inside the trunk using plastic Y connectors at 60psi. That was a fireball waiting to happen since it was mounted right in front of the subwoofer amplifier. :0

trust

PITA
City
White Rock
State
NM
Working at a custom shop, we see epic fails all the time ranging from things put together wrong to catastrophic engine failures. Most other don't get to see this stuff so I thought I'd start taking pics of the carnage for all to enjoy. It's always better when it's not your own failures right?

AMEN brother!!! sedom is but.....

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
I had a blazer with a 6.2 diesel that a 3 piece crank:eek:

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Angle iron as a spring mount

🔩🔧🔨💰

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
I was looking at the brake like also. The guy took the time to flip the u bolts but left the brake line at the bottom.. I guess we all make mistakes that we can laugh at.

🔩🔧🔨💰

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
I was looking at the brake like also. The guy took the time to flip the u bolts but left the brake line at the bottom.. I guess we all make mistakes that we can laugh at.

🔩🔧🔨💰

I was wondering about that brake line as well.

jammer1

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Maple Hts.
State
Oh
I finally got through with the computer. I was going to ask on the fuel pumps, was that a professional job or the home owner. I hope it wasn't a professional otherwise were all in trouble (have to count on someone doing it correctly).

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Another shop here in Phoenix installed the pumps. They did other dumb stuff like they ran the fuel hose thru the floor without a grommet, they flattened out a door striker and used it as a belt tensioner shim, used a regular bolt for the brake pedal to booster rod(should be a shouldered bolt with a lock nut), fuel lines within an inch of the exhaust, etc..... Pretty scary......

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA

🔩🔧🔨💰

That shock mount made of more angle iron, sort of screws the clearance too.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Yesterday on way to work. Dry roads. Extremely light traffic moving 70. Just happened, no responders yet. Didn't see any other damage to any vehicles. He could have been cut off, but my money is on he epically failed.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424357555.133064.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424357576.165411.jpg

TrebleHook

CJ-8 Member
City
Fairfax
State
VA

^^ The suicide rate among YJs has been on the rise for a long time. Perhaps it's the constant ridicule. Perhaps it's just knowing that no matter how they overcompensate with add-ons they'll never be as cool as a round-headlighted CJ.