• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

New JPFreek issue - free Jeep reading & giveaways!

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Published the Winter issue of JPFreek yesterday (two days ago now, technically). Very cool stuff: Jeeping from Moab to Morocco, ham radios to hood cowl installs, snowy Jeeps to Jeep toys and more...

I mean, it's freaking free to read and it's all about Jeeps. How can you go wrong?

JPFreek_Winter_2015_Issue_Cover_sm.jpg

New issue here: http://currentissue.jpfreek.com

If you're on Facebook and/or Twitter, we partnered with Daystar to sponsor a giveaway on each one for a Cam Can Trail Box for one lucky person who shares the announcement of the new issue.

Daystar_CamCanTrailStorage_KJ71035OR.jpg

JPFreek on Twitter and Facebook, just find and share/retweet the new issue announcement.

For those who don't know, I'm the editor in chief at JPFreek. :woot:

Please check it out and check out all of our advertisers and buy their stuff.

Z Monster

Legacy Registered User
City
Faifax Station
State
VA
Just downloaded it last night, hoping to dive into it latter this evening.

Mike

Tidife

Basic User
City
Fort Drum
State
NY
I had never heard of or read this prior to seeing this post. That being said, one of the better magazines I've read. full of cool articles and very detailed information and in general just rocks! I especially liked the article on Amy Lerner and Team Lerner!

Thanks for what you do!
Tidife

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I especially liked the article on Amy Lerner and Team Lerner!

Thanks! Please share with any Jeepers you know :)

Amy is really cool and was very excited when I approached her about writing articles on her adventures. Amazing to think that she'd never driven a Jeep a few years ago and then look what she's doing now and the places where she does them.

There will be more from Amy in future issues and on the website as well. :thumbsup:

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
I downloaded it today on my phone. I need to find it on my amazon fire hd. Reading on the phone is a strain.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I downloaded it today on my phone. I need to find it on my amazon fire hd. Reading on the phone is a strain.

Yeah, it's not well suited for the phone. It's doable, but not exactly enjoyable. Tablets are the best IMHO.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
No, and unfortunately there never will be.

I WANTED to do an Android version and was talked out of it by the very people I was going to pay to develop it. Android is simply too fractured between all the versions of the OS and the hardware makers. Getting into an Android app that's built for and maintained on the various iterations that need to happen to keep things from breaking and users from being unhappy is simply more trouble than it's worth.

On top of that, the data on usage that the publisher has had on Android shows that even when a publication makes an Android app, the overwhelming majority of Android users still used the browser-based version anyway, so it was essentially irrelevant that they'd paid to do the Android version in the first place.

The browser version at http://currentissue.jpfreek.com should work fine on any browser on Android and we have a lot of readers who access it that way.

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
No, and unfortunately there never will be.

I WANTED to do an Android version and was talked out of it by the very people I was going to pay to develop it. Android is simply too fractured between all the versions of the OS and the hardware makers. Getting into an Android app that's built for and maintained on the various iterations that need to happen to keep things from breaking and users from being unhappy is simply more trouble than it's worth.

On top of that, the data on usage that the publisher has had on Android shows that even when a publication makes an Android app, the overwhelming majority of Android users still used the browser-based version anyway, so it was essentially irrelevant that they'd paid to do the Android version in the first place.

The browser version at http://currentissue.jpfreek.com should work fine on any browser on Android and we have a lot of readers who access it that way.

Thanks Eric. I will pull it up on my browser that way using my Fire. Thanks.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
BTW, y'all are first to know... found out last night, thanks to JPFreek's partnership with Ian Johnson, that we will have exclusive magazine feature coverage of project Lockjaw, being built on Xtereme Offroad episodes right now:

Lockjaw.jpg

I'll be on the Daystar trail ride with him and Lockjaw and will be shooting a feature for our Moab EJS Special Issue that will be out in April :woot: :bacon: :smokin:

Pman

Busted Knuckles
Lifetime Member
City
Mount Pleasant
State
SC
Eric-
You should be extremely proud of what you have produced. That is one fine "magazine". On-point articles, great adventure stories and crisp pictures. Thanks for sharing!

rustycrawler

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Reston
State
VA
Browser link doesn't work with FireFox, just black screen with "next page" on it....is there a pdf somewhere?

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Browser link doesn't work with FireFox, just black screen with "next page" on it....is there a pdf somewhere?

No, and this is the first I've heard of it not working. Any chance you have a popup blocker that could be trying to block it? Another browser to try?

rustycrawler

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Reston
State
VA
It looks like this in Firefox..perhaps I need flash player installed? If so, an error message would be helpful.

FF.JPG

Last edited:

jammer1

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Maple Hts.
State
Oh
I got the magazine with firefox. Something funky must have happened with yours?:confused:

rustycrawler

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Reston
State
VA
I figured it out...I had to install adobe flash player...kind of a dangerous plug in if you ask me...