• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

13th Annual Colorado Scramble :drool:

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
The 13th Annual Colorado Scramble will be in Silverton Colorado. Its been 4 years since being in Silverton and I am excited to go back.

It will be the next to last week in July... The 22nd, 23rd & 24th. We are staying at the Red Mountain Inn Hotel, Cabins and RV park as we always have and will be arrive 2 days early on the 20th. They told me they are booked up in their cabins but do have a few rooms left. Also we will as we did the last time we were there use there pick-nic kids play area for our pic-nic and they are going to allow us to use there large party grill. They are also excited that we are coming back, as Jim and there son have rebuilt a Scrambler of their own.

You can as well check here for a number of other places to stay: http://silvertoncolorado.com/business-directory/silverton-lodging/

As all years Silverton fills up fast... So get in a reservation now.

If camping is your desire simply Google camping in Silverton Colorado and you will get quite a few options.

As for trails... We will of course run the two "big" ones which are Poughkeepsie and Imogene but I'm looking at alternate routes to get to them. while we will be going "up" Poughkeepsie we will get there not by going over Red Mountain pass but rather out through Animas Forks. Should be fun but a long day for sure. We will stage/meet each morning at the visitors center at 8:30am. The visitors center is at the intersection of HWY 550 and Green street as soon as you come into town from either direction.

Cant wait to see everyone, as always we very much look forward to it.

Quantumracer

Basic User
City
Rowlett
State
TX
Hmmm...my rig's in Durango, but I doubt I can get enough time off to get it ready AND make the event. Love wheeling out there!!!

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
Hmmm...my rig's in Durango, but I doubt I can get enough time off to get it ready AND make the event. Love wheeling out there!!!

If you can't make it I'd be happy to take your rig out for you! LOL

Challenger

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Loveland
State
CO
Linda and myself are all ready booked at Red Mountain. Cant wait to see everyone.

Cpittman428

Basic User
City
Fort Collins
State
CO
Really hope we are moved out to Colorado by then.... May not make it this year, but in years to come count me in!

mtnclimber

85 CJ-8 Laredo
City
Golden
State
CO
Hum! I'd better get with the program as I need to get my Scrambler trail ready so I can join you guys this year.

Chris from Golden

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Hmmmm...........

Maybe go here first, then on to Sand Blast:shrug::fingerscrossed::smokin:

Hmmmm...........

4.0cj8

Basic User
City
Santa Fe
State
NM
I live in Durango CO and have an 84 Cj8! hopefully I can make it out your way as its only an hour or so for me and run the trails with y'all!

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
I live in Durango CO and have an 84 Cj8! hopefully I can make it out your way as its only an hour or so for me and run the trails with y'all!

That would be great, be nice to meet you. Also welcome to this forum, there many awesome people here from all over the country...

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Well....It looks like I'm out for this one. The event falls the week before we shut our shop down for two weeks for the summer and I can't afford to be off for 3 weeks in a row. What a bummer.

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
That's to bad man, wish you could make it. This is the same week we have had it every year, do you shut down the same week each year also?

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Why do you shut down for two weeks

If I came up to CO for a week and then I get back and the shop shut down for a week, then I'm out two weeks. If I don't work, then I don't get paid.

We usually shut down for a week between Christmas and New Year's and then also the last week in July(when it's miserable out here). Lately the week in the summer keeps getting shifted around + or - a week because usually one whiny person has something that they need to do either a week before or after the usual week and then it screws up everybody else. I'll put in my 3 cents next year and be that whiny ***** to get this week off next year. I'll show them how it's really done--

Jblank

Scrambler Enthusiast
Lifetime Member
City
New Berlin
State
Il
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to this event either, but I will be travelling to the Denver area from central Illinois, primarily via US 36 (two-laner) on the 21st and 22nd. If anyone is travelling the same route those dates I'd love to meet up and convoy the route. Just let me know...

jb