• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Can Someone ID this part?

rispony

Scramblin' in the City
Lifetime Member
City
Manhattan
State
NY
Midway through my restoration and I found this part that was painted in the original Deep Night Blue but I have no idea where it came from. Thoughts?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427427268.476300.jpg

jallan

Jallan
City
Gulfport
State
MS
AC delete plate. Covers the bulkhead penetration (for AC hoses) on the passenger side, near the bulkhead transition to the floor pan. Bolts to the inside of the bulkhead.

rispony

Scramblin' in the City
Lifetime Member
City
Manhattan
State
NY
Wow thanks! Now I see where it would go, but I still kinda don't get what it does. Is it supposed to be cut like that?

jallan

Jallan
City
Gulfport
State
MS
Oops, meant firewall. Originally a solid cover, someone added the cutout. firewall.JPG

bobbysjeep

Legacy Registered User
City
Charlotte
State
NC
If you add ac and need one with grommets for the hoses you can pull one off a Wagoneer. They have the same part on the firewall.

fourwheelinj1

CJ-8 Member
City
Raleigh
State
NC
jallan you had me scratching my head for a minute there. I was wondering how in the world would A/C hoses be near the bulkhead for the half top.