• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

CJ8 replacement seats

Dascorey

Basic User
City
Lewiston
State
ID
I love my rugged ridge seats. Seem durable, and quite comfortable. I did put some risers under the seat frame and they seemed to sit a little lower than the factory seats.

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
My Best top trail max seats are holding up well. And they are comfy.

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
I really like the comfort of my Mastercraft Rubicon suspension seats. They can be tough for some people getting in and out due to the side bolsters, but you can be in them all day on the trail and your back will be good.

jims chop shop

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
stafford
State
va
Hey John, with ARB lockers front and rear, there's really no reason to get in and out!

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Hey John, with ARB lockers front and rear, there's really no reason to get in and out!

Exactly! But if you're the trail guide for the group, you keep getting in and out and in and out......all day.

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
I'm probably going to get a set of corbeau sport seats as replacement with heat. I have the bestops seats with recliner and there worth the money also. But there getting worn and need a color change.. Also no heat option on them.. Tjs seats fit but can't figure out if jk seats can. There a lot wider but I liked the the leather version seat. they have heat to..
But they cost a lot more then buying seats new..

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
BENEFACTOR
Lifetime Member
City
Cobourg, Ontario, Cana
State
da
I am running 04 TJ seats in my Scrambler. Not as good as Mastercraft seats, but I only paid $100 for them.

Manhattan

Legacy Registered User
City
Atlanta
State
GA
I've got the Bestop Trail Max II in my CJ. They're very comfy. An upside to the boring Bestop route is matching stuff, e.g. back seats, consoles, tops, etc. Well, if you're going black, kind of a nonissue.

jeepnick

Legacy Registered User
City
pittsburgh
State
pa
I've ran most seats out there
Beards and prps are nice for fixed and heated
Corbeaus never lasted for me
Except the Moabs
Mastercraft Baja rs are my favorite and what I'm currently running