• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Personalized License Plates

opelgtboy

Legacy Registered User
City
Glassboro
State
NJ
I think there was a thread that had a bunch listed. I can never find anything using the search feature so give it a shot.

Karl

cdvcj8

It's Not My Scrambler
Lifetime Member
City
West Friendship
State
MD
SNAKES8
STRSNK8

Yes, the search is not very useful. If I type "cdvcj8 exhaust" I would expect to get a hit. If I type that on Google it find it easily. Now if I go into the Advanced Search and put cdvcj8 in "username" and exhaust in "keywords" it does find it.

Sorry, end of thread hijack.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
not sure how old you are, but escape8 would work for a snake... see who gets that one.

cb

jeepnick

Legacy Registered User
City
pittsburgh
State
pa
My brothers scrambler as an antique plate that whoever picked the letters on it at penndot had it say
"Old8" kinda cool
The plate on mine says banned
I was banned from jkforum years ago
Kinda irrelevant now and should just get a plate from my local jeep club

Manhattan

Legacy Registered User
City
Atlanta
State
GA
Okay, the branding guy in me comes out at times like this...
- What are the key things to convey... OH? Snake? #kids? CJ8?
- Plate limitations... 7 characters, 3 spaces, etc.

Could do:
- 5 IN AN 8
- 8 FOR 5

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
I used to have "PLYNAGN" on mine.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
There was a guy in NY or somewhere near me a while back that had that rolled scrambler with GR8CJ8. I always thought that was a good one.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
And when I mean "that rolled one" is that it was plastered all over the Internet back in like the day of geocities pages, like 1997 ish. I bet it still can be found. I remember it was a honey 85 and he totally rolled it in black ice. He made a page on repairing it.

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Wondering What it cost you guys to renew your registrations under custom plates ? I just did my BKLYNZ28 plate and it cost me $200 for a 2 years..

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
VA is pretty cheap for a standard plate. $25/year. If you have a plate with other organizations, you pay a fee for that as well. Around $50 for a Washington Caps plate plus the $25 to personalize.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Well, once upon a time NH was very cheap, you buy the plate and then registration as normal.
Now they have upped the reg fees on already owned vanity plates... so vanity is more than normal... and it was quite a bit.
Anyway to make money I guess... no tax, no income tax, cheap booze, but don't buy property or own cars!!!!

cb

Manhattan

Legacy Registered User
City
Atlanta
State
GA
Yeah, back when it was cheap in VA, I had a bunch of personalized tags... one on a CJ:

Not sure why I got odd smiles from women on the road... it was purely an off-road reference