• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

For the first time since 1994... I'm Jeepless.

Manhattan

Legacy Registered User
City
Atlanta
State
GA
The Gipper is gone. It was at the shop having a couple things taken care of - to get it ready to go back on the market. Another customer saw it, asked the owner about... He wrote a check on the spot. I'm sure I could've held out for a few more bucks. But, it was easy... and done.

The guys at the shop said the guy is very cool. He's got a 14-year-old son, who's apparently almost as stoked as his dad. So, the Jeep is going to good home. Weird that that matters - like it's a puppy or something.

I do want to thank you guys - you've been like a JAA support group... humoring my endless "thinking of selling", "Going to sell it", "Not selling it" discussions. And, of course - the bottomless well of knowledge. So thanks. I'll make sure the new owner knows of CJ-8. com. If he joins the board, keep an eye on him... don't let him bob the bed, turn it into a SCORPION Edition ;)

Don't know what's next. Nothing for a while... I don't want a "rebound toy".

Thanks again guys.
-Mark

Last edited:

SKT

Legacy Registered User
City
APO
State
AE

Congrats on the unexpected quick sale - that was certainly a sharp looking Scrambler!

I was curious if you sold it, as I noticed your recent for sale thread was deleted.

Any idea what may be next (when you're ready)?

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Congrats?! ;) I hope the new owner joins up so we can watch the evolution of this Jeep. Don't be a stranger Mark, you're welcome here anytime. I know that I'm not the only one that loved watching you build that beautiful Scrambler!

Last edited:

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
wow congrats .. take a month off and write us on the next cj8 you found that your going to restore... :cheers:

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
I agree with Polarfire. Don't be a stranger here. You are still part of the Scrambler "Family". :wave:

jammer1

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Maple Hts.
State
Oh
Like the others said, take a break, get the creative juices flowing and create another that you can enjoy without worrying about getting it dinged up off road. Stick around, you're knowledge is very helpful.

AJ2393

Scrambled in the Head
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
North Dighton
State
MA
First part of your recovery process....Buy another Scrambler!

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I see a beautifully patina'ed solid DD in your future ;)

Congrats on the sale of one of the nicest rigs to ever show up around these parts :eek: :cheers:

Manhattan

Legacy Registered User
City
Atlanta
State
GA
Thanks for the comments guys. I'll check in occasionally for sure. Hard to stay away.

I'll admit, there's one Jeep that could pull me back in. It's a mile from my house... has been since 1986.

This is a one-owner, rust-free '86 CJ7 with 40,000 miles, it's all original... the paint, wheels and interior... it's 100% stock. The original backseat has never been sat upon - or even in the Jeep... it's been in the basement wrapped in plastic since the Jeep came home.

The owner is in his 70s. He's not looking to sell it. But... he wants me to have it when it's time to part with it. I'm a patient man.

My build plans would include buffing and lots of driving. No cage. No lift. No motor swap. Okay, maybe some (real) chrome wagons and jump up to 31s.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Been away from the board for a couple weeks, and just saw this. Congrats, and sorry to see you go. But you'll be back... :)

scramble1983

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Dallas
State
tx
Thanks for the comments guys. I'll check in occasionally for sure. Hard to stay away.

I'll admit, there's one Jeep that could pull me back in. It's a mile from my house... has been since 1986.

This is a one-owner, rust-free '86 CJ7 with 40,000 miles, it's all original... the paint, wheels and interior... it's 100% stock. The original backseat has never been sat upon - or even in the Jeep... it's been in the basement wrapped in plastic since the Jeep came home.

The owner is in his 70s. He's not looking to sell it. But... he wants me to have it when it's time to part with it. I'm a patient man.

My build plans would include buffing and lots of driving. No cage. No lift. No motor swap. Okay, maybe some (real) chrome wagons and jump up to 31s.

That CJ-7 looks and sounds fantastic, please keep the steel wheels though.

I don't think it's odd that you wanted your Scrambler to go to a good home. Sentimentality is part of the hobby. It's hard not to make a connection with cars (let alone a comfortable pair of old shoes) unless you're in it to make a buck. The strangest part will be seeing someone else behind the wheel if you ever cross paths. Loved your build and good luck staying without a Jeep, it's a strange addiction.