• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Rubicon Scramble 2015

renolaw

RARECJ8
City
reno
State
nv
The annual popular Rubicon Scramble is set for Sept 25-27. Some go in a day early and others stay a day longer. We have the very nice Dirty Dozen camp site reserved for the event. No cost other than the $20 paid to camp host.

Some start at Loon Lake, others from Wentworth Springs and yet others drop down in from the Tahoe side.

All rigs welcome!

Nexeu

Basic User
City
Gilroy
State
CA
How does one get involved with this Scramble? I just bought my first Scrambler and is set for delivery this Monday.

Scott

renolaw

RARECJ8
City
reno
State
nv
scott, it is loosely organized. show up, run trail, enjoy. welcome to the club. verify everything is in working order.

Nexeu

Basic User
City
Gilroy
State
CA
Mark,

Thank You for the welcome aboard. I received delivery today, It's a beast not a beauty... lol I got it from an Old-timer who has had it since 1990 and seems to run stong, it does have some battle wounds from the trail then again he did build it for that purpose. I haven't been on the Rubicon or any other trail so any pointers are welcome...

Scott

renolaw

RARECJ8
City
reno
State
nv
Mark,

Thank You for the welcome aboard. I received delivery today, It's a beast not a beauty... lol I got it from an Old-timer who has had it since 1990 and seems to run stong, it does have some battle wounds from the trail then again he did build it for that purpose. I haven't been on the Rubicon or any other trail so any pointers are welcome...

Scott

get us some pix. suggest torture testing of new rig now. head over to hollister and work it out. get seat time experience., etc.

two weeks ago on rubithon newbies were breaking even before the gatekeeper. FFS ill prepared rigs.

Nexeu

Basic User
City
Gilroy
State
CA
Mark,

Ok here they are, after some fighting to get these uploaded, I finally figured it out (Helps to be a paid memeber) lol. Some on here may reconize this beast since it was local to Northern California and has been on many of trails in its lifetime. I am pretty much sure it is trail ready, but you are right I do need to putt around Holister to get a feel of how it handles.

Scott

Attachments

• DSCN1085_zpsb97c1371.jpg
    DSCN1085_zpsb97c1371.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCN0827.jpg
    DSCN0827.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCN1833.jpg
    DSCN1833.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCN1803.JPG
    DSCN1803.JPG
    566.6 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCN1836.JPG
    DSCN1836.JPG
    700 KB · Views: 40
  • pastedGraphic.jpg
    pastedGraphic.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 39
  • PC270021.JPG
    PC270021.JPG
    323.3 KB · Views: 39

renolaw

RARECJ8
City
reno
State
nv
i know that rig well. i took that photo of it in little sluice. Jefe is a great guy. You have a well kitted out rig.

Nexeu

Basic User
City
Gilroy
State
CA
I figured you would :) Yes, Jefe is and it was a pleasure to meet him and hear some stories of his adventures with this beast.