• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

So I got scammed .....

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Well my miller plasma cutter took a crap last week and its about 15 years old. It would cost me half as much to refresh it up then buy a new smaller unit. So I went online and chose the miller 625.. Cost about 2200 bucks.. I searched Google and found eBay seller had one for 1500 bucks. I quickly went to ebay and seen he had a best offer also on a brand new in the box machine. I put in 1k and sent it on it way. Thinking I just should of press buy it now but to late. 30 min later buyer excepted. I got a smile across my face thinking I got a great deal. Payed the bill with PayPal and thought why not put in a bid for his miller 211 welder as well. Bought that as well. Few days pass and I get no tracking and I'm starting to see some negatives on his account. I email him and he says that they where unfair feedback that he was backlogged with all these orders. So I give the guy some slack as I had the same problem a few times.. My father also bought from him a set and kept on calling me saying when is our bricks coming in the mail... Today guess what I get in the mail.. Lol no not bricks. Just a picture of the millers. Lol I kinda knew it was to good to be true but I also know Im insured so why not take a chance . we both refused the shipment and contacted PayPal. I'm getting full refund so no harm .. Just kinda upset I don't have a new plasma cutter. So the search continues.....

Sent from my SM-N910P

scramble1983

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Dallas
State
tx
How does he think he can get away with that? I hate people sometimes, what a waste of space

mhinchliffe

CJ-8 Member
City
W-S
State
NC
I buy almost all of my new stuff from B R welding supplies in Baltimore. They are also on ebay. Nothing but great things to say about those guys!

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
PayPal saved your but. What a complete moron "scammer" thinking PayPal wasn't gonna intervene.

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
He sold over 50 units . I was counting them as they went and he kept on relisting . that's when I knew it was bad news. But he kept emailing me saying its on the way. Yea PayPal protection and eBay guarantee. It works.

Sent from my SM-N910P

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
What is the ebay user id dp we can not buy from him?

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
b3c32d609559d0b173a4f379f13c7c71-1.jpg
4e21b6c1b3529bb6d3dde441c0a2ceee-1.jpg

So far he got 10 negatives in 2 days. EBay and PayPal said his accounts are frozen.

Sent from my SM-N910P

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
I bought a Minn Kota trolling motor from customersfirstchoiceproducts about a month ago. Guy was selling and relisting them, and I kept bidding on each one and finally got one for $129 (Endura 55, which usually go for a little over $200).

So a week goes by, and I get a tracking number. Shipment gets to the UPS hub 20 miles north of me and the seller recalls it. I send an email and he said there was a problem with the address, and will ship it back out. Few more days go by, and I get another tracking number from a different location. Apparently the buyer was having them drop-shipped. I watch the shipment, and a day after it's shipped the tracking number says it's been requested by the shipper that it be returned to sender. It does get all the way to the UPS hub north of me again, and the seller is saying that he's not sure what happened and he'd check with his "shipping manager". I tell him I'll just have my wife pick it up at the hub. No response. Send multiple emails over the next few days. Nothing.

File a dispute with ebay, and seller doesn't respond. Ebay pulls his ads, but he's getting positive feedback from the auctions where he sold the same motor for $175-200, which were after the auction I won. Finally after a couple of weeks of nothing, I get a refund. Never heard anything from the seller.

Then this jackhole requests that I remove the negative feedback I left him because it was the shipping company's fault, not his. I, of course, declined to remove it.

Think his account is suspended now. He doesn't have anything listed. Another guy who won an auction for the same trolling motor in the $150ish range left negative feedback right after I did.

World is full of scumbags. I buy just about everything now off of forums like this. Too many bottomfeeders on ebay and CL.

Bugman

The Rubicon, my backyard
City
Pollock Pines
State
CA
Yeah, Ebay can be a cluster sometimes. I had an incident years ago where I was getting threatening emails from a guy wanting his tractor and another guy wanting his Corvette! I wasn't selling them. Seems some guy hacked my account from a "middle eastern country" as they put it, and I had no problems on MY end getting it resolved. I sure hope these guys got their money back.

DirtyB

Crazy Cajun
Lifetime Member
City
Port Allen
State
LA
Yeah. A few years ago someone started sending me e-mails wanting to know why I hadn't shipped them a $200 pair of pink ladies boots. Uh what? Ebay closed my account and I had to call in and verify all of my life parameters including belt size to get my account back open.

If people like that just turned their time and energy on doing something worthwhile in the world, something that would help people - like building jeeps......

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
I got my refunded the other day and the sellers account is closed. Not sure if it was hacked or he was trying to get money. But always remember never to except a shipment that isn't what you ordered.

Sent from my SM-N910P