• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Body dolly - anyone make one?

donwsmith56

Basic User
City
jACKSON
State
nj
I'm just about to lift the tub off the frame and was wondering if anyone had make a tub dolly? It seems straight forward but easier to copy a know good than to design my own, thanks, Don

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
Lifetime Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
https://vimeo.com/134151016 don't just make a dolly. This will make your life so easy. Weld on a flange backing ring from the plumbing store and you can pin it where you want. It sits up side down, vertical whatever you want.

Scramblin Man

Beyond help
Lifetime Member
City
Woodway
State
Tx
If you are referring to a rotisserie stand that is movable, Dmock made one and posted about it. Believe he made it from some harbor freight engine stands. If you do a search, should be able to find it.

donwsmith56

Basic User
City
jACKSON
State
nj
Thank guys. I am fortunate that I don't have a lot of work to do on the tub but need to at least be able to move it around for painting and undercoat the bottom. I was thi9nking of making a 4x4 box with casters to sit the body on and roll it in and out of the garage and painting tent.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
169_6904-1.jpg

cb

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
I did the same thing with old deck wood I had left over..

Sent from my SM-N910P

donwsmith56

Basic User
City
jACKSON
State
nj
Thanks, Just what I was think except I might raise it a foot or so to be able to comfortably work any body issues.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
I swap in 4x4's on the corners to raise/lower sections... but yeah, I wish it was another foot higher most of the time.

cb

fourwheelinj1

CJ-8 Member
City
Raleigh
State
NC
Frame.jpg

This is what I made. I made it out of scrap 3x4 oak timbers from work and 10" casters. The frame is on it now but I built it for the body. I think i could put the whole complete jeep on it. I think I made it a little too tall but it has made working on the frame pretty easy. I can roll it outside into the grass to powerwash/sandblast and then back into the shop easily with the 10" casters.