• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Phoenix-bound

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
After being in a grey area for a little while, it's official. The SO got an offer last night from Arizona State to compliment my offer and it'll be Phoenix or bust in a few short weeks! We'll be visiting the weekend of the 7th for some housing decisions.

Now the fun begins - packing, moving, selling the house, renting a new place. We keep telling ourselves it'll all be worth it when we get there. I for one can't wait to have the CJ in an environment where it won't rust while you admire it.

Cpittman428

Basic User
City
Fort Collins
State
CO
Good luck! I feel you're pain... We're working on packing and whatnot... And roofing the garage before our closing date, in the hottest part of the summer of course...
I hope it goes smooth for you!

cattleman1977

CJ-8 Member
City
Delavan
State
KS
Good luck to you! I've been keeping my eye out for a blue scrambler whenever I've been in Manhattan. I was going to look you up once I had mine done but Phoenix might be a little far for an afternoon road trip!

Sent from my iPad

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Congrats! Some beautiful country down there to explore!

Sent from my SM-T900

b.b.chev

Legacy Registered User
City
Black Forest
State
CO
Jody and I try to get out to Phoenix at least once a year in the fall to see our grand daughters , next time we head out I'll get in touch with you. Good luck with the new adventure .:cheers:

Gueon

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Thatcher
State
AZ
After being in a grey area for a little while, it's official. The SO got an offer last night from Arizona State to compliment my offer and it'll be Phoenix or bust in a few short weeks! We'll be visiting the weekend of the 7th for some housing decisions.

Now the fun begins - packing, moving, selling the house, renting a new place. We keep telling ourselves it'll all be worth it when we get there. I for one can't wait to have the CJ in an environment where it won't rust while you admire it.

Outstanding! I am in Phoenix4-6 times a year for meetings and/or medical fun, looking forward to an opportunity to catch up!

AJ2393

Scrambled in the Head
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
North Dighton
State
MA
I'm always the last to find out about these things. Congratulations & Goodbye Kansas!! Let me know if there's anything I can help with from way over here.

walkerhoundvm

Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
I'm always the last to find out about these things. Congratulations & Goodbye Kansas!! Let me know if there's anything I can help with from way over here.

It sorta just evolved over the past two weeks, Alex :) I thought I got passed over for a job there, then got a call for an interview a couple weeks ago. I was on a plane the next day; unofficial offer just last week. Meanwhile, Em's been interviewing a bunch with ASU, not hearing anything. Finally on Monday she got a call with good news!

Fortunately, both jobs are providing moving expenses, so it shouldn't be any trouble to get the Jeep out there. Heck, we might even have some left over for our wedding in October!

Jody and I try to get out to Phoenix at least once a year in the fall to see our grand daughters , next time we head out I'll get in touch with you. Good luck with the new adventure .:cheers:

Thanks, David - I haven't forgotten you're the one to thank for landing me on this site! We'll be in SW Phoenix for the next year I think, near the 101 and I-10/Tolleson area. If we can ever get through the rental process, I swear at this point it'd be less of a hassle to just buy a house unseen. We just about had to send DNA samples to get approved for a rental. By all means, though, let me know when you'll be heading down and we can try to meet up again!

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Rentals are tough out here. My brother in law is a realtor if you need one.

So you were here and didn't stop by?

Sent from my SM-G920V

walkerhoundvm

Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Rentals are tough out here. My brother in law is a realtor if you need one.

So you were here and didn't stop by?

Sent from my SM-G920V

A couple weeks ago for the interview, just briefly. We'll be back in town next weekend (7-9th) for a few days - if we have time I'll pop by Friday afternoon, we should be close at some point on our way to check out the rental. Saturday we'll try to catch a D-backs game. I think we're gonna stick with a lease for a year, but we'll start looking after 6mos or so in the Scottsdale/Carefree area I expect.

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Congrats to both of you. Sounds like a good opportunity. I hope the move goes well.

joncin

Basic User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Congrats on the move.

I've been in Phx since '81, lived in Scottsdale, the westside, and ended up in the SE valley. Scottsdale/Carefree will be a heck of a commute to ASU. Don't overlook the South Tempe, Chandler, Ahwatukee area.

walkerhoundvm

Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Congrats on the move.

I've been in Phx since '81, lived in Scottsdale, the westside, and ended up in the SE valley. Scottsdale/Carefree will be a heck of a commute to ASU. Don't overlook the South Tempe, Chandler, Ahwatukee area.

Thank you, sir. I imagine we'll get it figured out in the months before we buy, but one of our constraints is that she'll be at ASU and I'll be in north Glendale. In the end it'll have to be a split commute for both of us, and something close to mountain trail systems if that's possible :)

joncin

Basic User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
I'm in Ahwatukee and I've heard that South Mountain Park is the largest city park in the country. Not sure if that's true but I've been hiking it for many years and there's no way I've even come close to seeing it all. I don't think there are any local parks that allow vehicles though. Most folks take their off road stuff into the desert or into mountains north and/or east of Phx. It's hard to beat 75 degrees for a high, so I've been hiding out in Show Low for 8 out of last 10 weeks. lol

walkerhoundvm

Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
I'm in Ahwatukee and I've heard that South Mountain Park is the largest city park in the country. Not sure if that's true but I've been hiking it for many years and there's no way I've even come close to seeing it all. I don't think there are any local parks that allow vehicles though.

That's good to hear. It won't be for the CJ, though - it'll be for mountain biking :) That was one reason for choosing Tolleson initially - it's close to South Mountain Park, but closer to Estrella. On the north side we'd be closer to Cave Creek and McDowell. Looking forward to shaking off the garage dust and putting back the trail dust!

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
You do know it's hot here right?

a85a1fdba2ab3681d0bd933eb91b243f-1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V

walkerhoundvm

Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
You do know it's hot here right?

Sent from my SM-G920V

Looking forward to it! Supposed to be 111 this weekend!

You know it's ridiculously humid here, right? I break a sweat and my shirt is soaked just walking out the door! And the bugs...don't get me started on the bugs. And the rust O_O I can watch the rust grow on my frame by the minute!

Last edited: