• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

New 2018 jeep Wrangler

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Not liking the new full body soft top thing.... but i guess it saves weight [emoji12]

http://www.caranddriver.com/photo-g...r-spy-photos-testing-in-detroit-future-cars#6

7365e58e8cd67bbe565c1deb9cf867dc-1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Why... thats going to turn into the new scrambler some how . Like it or not..

Sent from my SM-N910P

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Fifty shades of ugly! Maybe they just want to fold 'em down and stack 'em up and ship 'em out. Get more of 'em in a cargo container that way.

Ron84cj

Engine nerd
Lifetime Member
City
West Bend
State
WI
New jeep? I thought they haven't been built since 1986?

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
Why... thats going to turn into the new scrambler some how . Like it or not..

Sent from my SM-N910P

Hard to tell what's under those covers... it could even be a truck model (I still have a hard time saying Scrambler).

scramble1983

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Dallas
State
tx
Fiat Chrysler is supposedly cooking up an all-new 2.0 liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine codenamed “Hurricane” that sources say will debut in the next-generation (JL) Jeep Wrangler making “nearly” 300 horsepower.

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
The inline six, both the 258 and the 4.0 were long lasting and got 18 plus mpg. The Yjs and TJs tried out the 4 cyl engines and got worse mileage than the sixes. That was a step backwards in mpg and power. I haven't heard much praise for the V-6s. Superchargers are made for the I6. Now Jeep wants to go back to the 4 cyl again. Unless they've engineered this to be strong enough for 4wd and a turbocharger and get exceptional mpg while lasting for 200K miles, then this soulds like designers doing something even if it's wrong. Some engines are just designed well. Making those engines perform better seems a better choice to me than trying to make a small engine do the work of a larger one. . .don't send a boy to do a mans job. My two cents.