• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

My new 82 Slate Blue Scrambler

jatepper

Basic User
Lifetime Member
City
Vail
State
AZ
Hey guys. Been looking to get in to the Scrambler world for a short time. Finally found a nice one! It has absolutely zero rust and will be receiving a full restoration. I'm looking for preferable a NOS slate blue full interior, to include seats, dash, visors, etc.

Anyhow, here she is! Excited to own her. 7x,xxx original miles. This Jeep is very original!

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Wow. I wish I lived in AZ. That body looks great! Welcome. And good luck finding the slate blue interior. Wow. I still can't get over the tub. Very nice Scrambler.

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
That's a great looking Scrambler Nice score! Finding the NOS slate blue may be the tough part.

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
By restoration , I hope you mean a battery, soap water and wax. :headbang:

I know, right? Patina is great. No need to paint that bad boy. Just clean it up and see what it looks like.

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Great score! Good luck with the Slate Blue interior! It took me quite a while to piece mine together!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A

jatepper

Basic User
Lifetime Member
City
Vail
State
AZ
Thanks guys. I plan on driving it for a short while as-is. I do like the patina, so maybe it will grow on me some more. I need to troubleshoot the motor a bit and figure out why it won't start. Also, the PO also told me he thinks it needs a throw-out bearing. I have a bunch of small projects I need to finish up, then I can work on getting this one road worthy.

jammer1

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Maple Hts.
State
Oh
She's in incredible condition. Up here there's more rust on a new one yr old car than what you have. Looking forward to seeing what you do with her.:drool:

Moabite

CJ-8 Member
City
Moab
State
UT
Another dry climate survivor. Great score...and, of course, the best color! I know where you can find a mint slate blue interior. Oh wait, I'm using it. Never mind. I always liked the looks of the soft top and especially those doors. Hopefully it will polish up. I watched a few episodes of "Competition Ready" on the Velocity channel recently...gave me some ideas as to how to bring out even more shine on mine. Check out this thread if you'd like to see another slate blue '82: https://www.cj-8.com/forum/showthread.php?45942-It-s-coming-home. There are a few pix of what yours would have looked like when close to new.

Domin8

Scrambler Enthusiast
Lifetime Member
City
Astoria
State
NY
Congrats, and best of luck with it!

Yet another slate blue beauty for me to envy!

jatepper

Basic User
Lifetime Member
City
Vail
State
AZ
Another dry climate survivor. Great score...and, of course, the best color! I know where you can find a mint slate blue interior. Oh wait, I'm using it. Never mind. I always liked the looks of the soft top and especially those doors. Hopefully it will polish up. I watched a few episodes of "Competition Ready" on the Velocity channel recently...gave me some ideas as to how to bring out even more shine on mine. Check out this thread if you'd like to see another slate blue '82: https://www.cj-8.com/forum/showthread.php?45942-It-s-coming-home. There are a few pix of what yours would have looked like when close to new.

Frank,

Pretty cool story! Glad you got her back after all those years!!

This Scrambler was purchased from Sacramento, CA. However, it does look like a good old dry desert Jeep. Not a spec of rust anywhere. I'm so happy I found this thing. Now the debate is to whether or not paint it or keep it as-is. If I can somehow score a NOS or like-new slate blue interior, I'm going to do a full frame-off restoration on it. It would be an easy one though (if there is such a thing).

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
I agree you should save the factory paint. You will be surprised of how well the paint responds when you start to restore it.

Here is a thread on one I picked up and saved the factory paint.

https://www.cj-8.com/forum/showthread.php?45288-1984-SL-Nordic-green&highlight=nordic+green

Notice "bobbysjeep", the maroon Scrambler, how well his paint came back.

I think your blue paint will respond just as well with a little time and way cheaper than a repaint.

But hey it's your jeep so do what you want

trust

PITA
City
White Rock
State
NM
cant help with the interior bt I do have a blue half cab top and doors, good shape except the top fabric is checked and cracked, not windows but the fabric itself, the down side of the dry, hot climate

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
I have a NOS toneau and soft top set up. The interior is complete but not NOS. I'm just waiting to find a rust free slate blue scrambler to put it all in. Maybe we can meet in the middle and share custody. Lol

jatepper

Basic User
Lifetime Member
City
Vail
State
AZ
I have a NOS toneau and soft top set up. The interior is complete but not NOS. I'm just waiting to find a rust free slate blue scrambler to put it all in. Maybe we can meet in the middle and share custody. Lol

Haha...nice! No interest in selling I take it?

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
I think I have a decent SB passenger seat in storage that came out of mine. Drivers seat was MIA unfortunately and the rest of the interior stuff (dash, door panels) are kinda on the jeep. :-)

Sent from my K010

jtaufik

Basic User
City
Jakarta
State
ID

Tommy, you haven't reply to my pm [emoji24][emoji26]