Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sand Blast 10!

City/State
    West Lafayette, IN
    Scrambler Year
    Year Purchased
    Just got my spare transfer case back together after a rebuild, so hopefully I'll be leak free soon! Crawled under the Jeep to check status for swapping it out, and realized the rear ujoint was shot, and the front driveshaft has a slight bend. May have to get ahold of Mr Woods for some new driveshafts.
    1982 CJ-8, 4.2L MPI, 33" Wrangler Duratrac's
    1982 Cj-8, AMC 360, 35" Boggers

City/State
    beaverdam, MI
    Scrambler Year
    1984 P'ostal
    Year Purchased
    Shirt link!! Shirt Link!!

@bigwalton

City/State
    Dexter, MI
    Scrambler Year
    84 Alaskan Postal
    Year Purchased
    Shirt/swag order form

Sorry for the delay, we still have plenty of time to get these in. Shirt color TBD, thinking about a blue for something different this year.

NOTES:

1) There's some extra stuff this year so you HAVE to place the first "package" order and then you can order any extra shirts/stickers after that
    2) This is a simple form, so it can't tally your order for you but it requires that you add up and enter your total payment before you can submit so that you know what you owe. I prefer PayPal to "friends and family" but can do cash at the event if needed. If you're going to do that, please write a note on your order so I know not to look for PayPal.
    3) Once you submit, there's a paypal link to pay me in the thank you/confirmation screen. (The address is "my CJ-8.com username"@gmail.com if you need to do it manually)

Link to the form: https://goo.gl/forms/JIfnWx9AqnT64xLE2

Let me know if there are any issues or questions.

'84 Alaskan Postal CJ-8: Right-hand drive, World Cab, 35s, outboarded BDS 5" CJ-to-YJ lift with add-a-leafs, XD9000i, PSC armor, Waggy 44/HD20, 4.0/AW4, KC HiLites reverse LED kit, Runck bumpers
    '05 Rubicon LJ: Magnum Powers Supercharger, MCE Fenders, JCR sliders, BDS belly-up skidplate, Borla headers & exhaust, , chromoly axleshafts, OR-FAB bumpers, WARN Zeon, JKS JSPEC 3" lift & ACOS Pro front spacers/bumps, 315/75 Duratracs, GR8TOPS Exogate and Safari Cab top, Kleinn OBA, PIAA RF3 cube lights, Inspired Engineering LED headlights, 6-speed, CB, GR8TOPS Safari Cab
    '77 Cherokee S 4-door "Mater": Aero Tank aux gas tank, part time kit in tcase, Warn lockouts, 360 with goodies, saggy springs, loads of patina
    '08 JK Unlimited: Stock, auto, heated seat
    '99 Ford E350 "the bus": Redneck camper/tow rig conversion

All of the pics from the trip | Rockcrawler.com story of bringing the postal home from AK to NC

City/State
    Dexter, MI
    Scrambler Year
    84 Alaskan Postal
    Year Purchased
    Let's get the shirt/swag orders going folks! We want to close these out with enough time to get everything printed before the event to hand out rather than shipping things like last year!

Also, check out this thread for an offer on a slick way to mount your flag on your Jeep, they offered us a 10% discount code "Sand Blast" too!
    http://www.cj-8.com/forum/showthread.php?48315

'84 Alaskan Postal CJ-8: Right-hand drive, World Cab, 35s, outboarded BDS 5" CJ-to-YJ lift with add-a-leafs, XD9000i, PSC armor, Waggy 44/HD20, 4.0/AW4, KC HiLites reverse LED kit, Runck bumpers
    '05 Rubicon LJ: Magnum Powers Supercharger, MCE Fenders, JCR sliders, BDS belly-up skidplate, Borla headers & exhaust, , chromoly axleshafts, OR-FAB bumpers, WARN Zeon, JKS JSPEC 3" lift & ACOS Pro front spacers/bumps, 315/75 Duratracs, GR8TOPS Exogate and Safari Cab top, Kleinn OBA, PIAA RF3 cube lights, Inspired Engineering LED headlights, 6-speed, CB, GR8TOPS Safari Cab
    '77 Cherokee S 4-door "Mater": Aero Tank aux gas tank, part time kit in tcase, Warn lockouts, 360 with goodies, saggy springs, loads of patina

All of the pics from the trip | Rockcrawler.com story of bringing the postal home from AK to NC

City/State
    Cincinnati, Oh
    Scrambler Year
    Year Purchased
    Coming for the 2nd weekend. See you at dinner on the 4th - wherever that may be.kevin CJ8.jpg
    '85 CJ8, Shiny but Rough

City/State
    Dillsboro, IN
    Scrambler Year
    81-4,82-2,83-4,84-2
    Year Purchased
    Got you covered Kevin.

Still here practicing.

If "WE ARE" the result of our past paths,
    we need to pay attention to who "OUR PRESENT WALK" is with,
    to prepare us "FOR OUR FUTURE DESTINATION"

Toby

City/State
    Dillsboro, IN
    Scrambler Year
    81-4,82-2,83-4,84-2
    Year Purchased
    Hello all. Starting to get things finalized and I'm looking to make reservations for Friday night dinner at the open hearth along with seeing if there's interest for the fish boil at Cherry Point which would probably be on Thursday night if there is enough interest.
    I need to get in touch with Jeff on the Thursday Two-track ride. How many are interested? I'll post up separate threads with some help from BigW.

IMG_9749.jpg
    IMG_9769.jpg

Think Michigan!

Toby

City/State
    West Bend, WI
    Scrambler Year
    82 and 84
    Year Purchased
    What time do you guys leave for the two track ride? I will be getting to the campground mid to late morning. Depending on when you guys go I would like to go on the group ride. The fish boil sounds fun too.
    My Rides...
    84 Scrambler 28,000 original miles
    82 Scrambler (resto project)
    29 Chevy truck
    88 Firebird Formula WS6
    98 camry (daily)

City/State
    Dillsboro, IN
    Scrambler Year
    81-4,82-2,83-4,84-2
    Year Purchased
    Working on details as we speak. Will pos ASAP.

Toby

City/State
    Cincinnati, Oh
    Scrambler Year
    Year Purchased
    Beth would LOVE to do the fish boil. If you can make it for Thursday night, we might be persuaded to come up a day early.
    '85 CJ8, Shiny but Rough

City/State
    Dexter, MI
    Scrambler Year
    84 Alaskan Postal
    Year Purchased
    URGENT: WE NEED SHIRT ORDERS ASAP to get them going for delivery at the event. WE ARE NOT TAKING ORDERS AT THE DUNES THIS YEAR!

Order here and pay via PayPal. The form has more details: https://goo.gl/forms/JIfnWx9AqnT64xLE2

I'd rather not start new threads on the counts so that everyone gets updates on this thread as reminders to sign up. Post up here what you're planning to attend from this schedule and I'll start lists for each one for which we need a count:

NOTE: Cell/data coverage for anyone other than AT&T users absolutely SUCKS in town including the campground. The wifi in the campground is decent, but kicks inactive users off fairly quickly so you can't reliably count on receiving iMessages for iPhone users or being able to get on the forum. You DO NOT want to rely on calling/texting people to find out what's going on or meeting up. If there's something you want to try to do/organize on one of the unplanned days LET PEOPLE KNOW IN PERSON AND/OR IN ADVANCE. This is one of the great things about most everyone being in the same campground. If you're staying elsewhere, I'd suggest getting to Sandy Shores before any planned event to caravan together (unless there's another meeting area).

I will try to remember to print out copies of a final (but still tentative) schedule to hand out so people can remember what's when.

Reminders:
    Toby's place is 1375 N Raven St, Mears, MI 49436
    Sandy Shores is the main campground: 8595 Silver Lake Rd, Mears, MI 49436

TENTATIVE SCHEDULE:

Fri-Sun 7/28-30:
    No planned events/activities or dinners. Toby and I will both be up at the dunes (and I know others will as well) at this time and anyone looking to gather can check with us or come to his place or the campground. This is the long-travel invasion weekend, so the actual park will be pretty nuts, but it could be cool to sit up on top of a hill and watch the big-horsepower insanity.

Mon 7/31:
    Free day, we could do a trip to Michigan Adventure, a petting zoo in New Era, or a scenic drive to the reservoir near Luddington.
    6:30 - Dinner at the Big Hart Brewery in Hart (longer drive, possible air-up - 4086 W Polk Rd, Hart, MI 49420)

Tues 8/1:
    Free day, could do the lighthouse at Silver Lake and/or the beach on Lake Michigan at Stony Lake, down the coast.

Time TBD - Group dinner at the Open Hearth Restaurant in Mears (medium ride, possible air-up - 2430 N 56th Ave, Mears, MI 49436)

Wed 8/2:
    Free day, possibly a Mac Woods Dunes ride? Post up if you want to do this so we get a count.
    6:00 - Group dinner at the Country Dairy in New Era (long ride, air-up - 3476 S 80th Ave, New Era, MI 49446)

Thurs 8/3:
    10:00 Scenic ride to a state park in Luddington with a lighthouse. Lunch somewhere along the way, don't have to pack lunch. Meet at the park with the pavilion between Tasty Creations and Sunchasers Souvenirs

7:00 Either a dinner at Bortell's Fisheries on the way back from up north or a group dinner at Sandy Shores campground - suggest take out Pizza from Silver Pointe

Fri 8/4:
    10:00 - Two-track ride led by Jeff Beemer, lunch on the ride (pack lunch), meet at the park with the pavilion between Tasty Creations and Sunchasers Souvenirs

Time TBD- Fish Boil at the Cherry Point Market (south of town short drive - 9600 W Buchanan Rd, Shelby, MI 49455)

Post-Dinner/Pre-sunset: Get back into the dunes for sunset.

Sat 8/5:
    Beach/dune day all day, set up together on the beach in the park with towels/chairs/coolers/pop-ups, lunch on the beach or on your own

6:30 PM - Catered dinner at the pavilion in Toby's neighborhood, plug in his address and you'll see it on the right as you come up the hill behind the go-kart track. Bring a side dish or dessert and we'll do a collection to help cover the costs for the Chicken Shack food. Will not be too much per person.

Post-Dinner/Pre-sunset: Get back into the dunes to set up for the "official" group photo at sunset. Heading in straight from dinner is advised.

Sun 8/6:
    9:00 AM - Goodbye breakfast buffet at the Sandcastle restaurant (right next to the turning circle in the center of town)
    Noon - Checkout time at Sandy Shores

*****Head counts needed for the following:*****

7/31 Monday Brewery dinner:
    Eric/Kate/Laura Walton (3)
    Toby (1)
    Bobcat (3)
    yodabob/Reina (2)
    spankrjs (2)
    Bad Karma (3)
    Timothy (2)
    Dustin and family (4)
    Dustin Ma and Pa (2)
    John and Linda Case (2)
    Jake & wife (2)
    Montie & Vicki (Dustin in-laws) (2)

8/1 Tues: Open Hearth dinner
    Toby (1)
    Bobcat (3)
    yodabob/Reina (2)
    spankrjs (2)
    Bad Karma (3)
    Timothy (2)
    Dustin and family (4)
    Dustin Ma and Pa (2)
    John and Linda Case (2)
    CJ-8_Jim & family (4)
    Jim Johnson & Family (4)
    Jake & wife (2)
    Kevin Bohl & fam (3)

8/2 Wed: Mac Woods Dune Ride
    Toby (1)
    Bobcat (3)
    yodabob/Reina (2)
    spankrjs (2)
    Bad Karma (3)
    Timothy (2)
    Dustin and family (4)
    Dustin Ma and Pa (2)
    John and Linda Case (2)
    Jim Johnson & Family (4)
    Jake & wife (2)

8/4 Friday two-track ride:
    Toby (1)
    Kevin/Beth Sullivan (2)
    Ron and friend Kevin (2)
    Bobcat (3)
    yodabob/Reina (2)
    spankrjs (2)
    Bad Karma (3)
    Timothy (2)
    Jambo (1)
    Dustin and family (4)
    Dustin Ma and Pa (2)
    Trouts - Matt, Shawnda, Cooper, and Mason (4)
    John and Linda Case (2)
    dmorolli (2)
    Jake (1)
    wimps81096 (2 - maybe)
    skiptown (2)
    Vanfaasens (2)
    Harold and wife (2)
    Jason and Ken Adams (2)

8/4 Friday Cherry Point Fish Boil:
    Toby (1)
    Kevin/Beth Sullivan (2)
    Ron and friend Kevin (2)
    Bobcat (3)
    yodabob/Reina (2)???
    spankrjs (2)
    Bad Karma (3)
    Timothy (2)
    Jambo (1)
    Dustin and family (4)
    Dustin Ma and Pa (2)
    John and Linda Case (2)
    dmorolli (2)
    Jake (1)
    wimps81096 (2)
    skiptown (2)
    Vanfaasens (2)
    Jeff Beemer, Val, and 3 kids (5)
    Harold and wife (2)
    Jason and Ken Adams (2)

8/5 Saturday catered chicken dinner:
    Toby (1)
    Kevin/Beth Sullivan (2)
    Ron and friend Kevin (2)
    Bobcat (3)
    yodabob/Reina (2)
    spankrjs (2)
    Bad Karma (3)
    Timothy (2)
    Jambo (1)
    Dustin and family (4)
    Dustin Ma and Pa (2)
    John and Linda Case (2)
    dmorolli (2)
    Jim Johnson & Family (4)
    wimps81096 (2)
    skiptown (2)
    Kevin Bohl & fam (3)
    Vanfaasens (2)
    Jeff Beemer ,Val, and 3 kids (5)
    Jake - IAFFCJ (1)
    Jason and Ken Adams (2)
    Kyle & Elizabeth Kelly (2)
    Jim and Cindy (2)
    Last edited by bigwalton; 08-01-2017 at 09:33 AM.

City/State
    Dexter, MI
    Scrambler Year
    84 Alaskan Postal
    Year Purchased
    Quote Originally Posted by Cincyjeeprs View Post
    Beth would LOVE to do the fish boil. If you can make it for Thursday night, we might be persuaded to come up a day early.
    We have to work with their busy summer schedule and I don't think Thursday will be possible.

City/State
    West Bend, WI
    Scrambler Year
    82 and 84
    Year Purchased
    Thursday 8/3 Me (Ron) and my friend Kevin will attend the group dinner.

Friday 8/4 and Saturday 8/5 we will attend everything group related.
    My Rides...
    84 Scrambler 28,000 original miles
    82 Scrambler (resto project)
    29 Chevy truck
    88 Firebird Formula WS6
    98 camry (daily)

City/State
    Cincinnati, Oh
    Scrambler Year
    Year Purchased
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwalton View Post
    We have to work with their busy summer schedule and I don't think Thursday will be possible.
    Understood.
    '85 CJ8, Shiny but Rough

City/State
    Dexter, MI
    Scrambler Year
    84 Alaskan Postal
    Year Purchased
    I just sent out a PM to all of the folks that I expressed interest in coming to this (hope it worked!) Here's who I currently have on the attendee list (I know there's a few non-forum members not listed.)

(* means I've heard from you and added you to the head count lists as needed - Updated 7/12 1:13 PM)

MrBeep *
    bigwalton *
    Cincyjeeprs *
    Ron84cj *
    CJ-8_Jim *
    yodabob *
    revho *
    jeepnmatt *
    Jeeperdd *
    spankrjs *
    Jambo *
    timothy *
    jerseyjeeps (?)
    IAFFCJ *
    Bad Karma *
    dmorolli *
    barrys
    jbeemer
    bobcat *
    case6688 *
    Jim J *
    Kaiser8
    wimps81096 *
    skiptown *
    Harold West (not on forum)
    Vanfaasens (not on forum) *
    Dale Byrant & wife (not on forum) *
    Last edited by bigwalton; 07-13-2017 at 12:14 PM.