• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

FC 170 build, Brother of Stump Jumper

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
Another Jeep FC build

I know I said my Stump Jumper Scrambler was going to be my last project but I couldn't resist this Jeep FC (Forward Control). I'm hoping it makes its way to Louisiana by next weekend. It does not have a motor or transmission but I'm planning a 5.3 with a 4 speed auto anyway. I bought this particular truck because it appears to be rust and collision free. If it is as good as it appears to be I might just keep the patina and spray it with clear coat. So as soon as I get it I will post lots of pictures and the fun begins.

Attachments

• IMG_1851.jpg
    IMG_1851.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_1848.jpg
    IMG_1848.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_1850.jpg
    IMG_1850.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 237

IAFFCJ

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Manassas
State
VA
Awesome. Interested to see a LS in that.

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
I am looking forward to watching you build my next Jeep. Really appreciate it.:headbang::cheers:

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
I should strap down a 5.3l and 4L60E in the bed of the FC as it passes thru town to save you some time hunting them down locally. :) Just keep telling yourself that project are good for mental health since you are retired now. :bacon:

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
I should strap down a 5.3l and 4L60E in the bed of the FC as it passes thru town to save you some time hunting them down locally. :) Just keep telling yourself that project are good for mental health since you are retired now. :bacon:
If you can find one right do like Nike. Just do it.

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
How about I take the 5.3/4L60 out of Stump Jumper and replace it with a LS3 and 4L70E? Speaking of my mental health.......

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Oh yeah...Here we go again! :woohoo: :popcorn:

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
For the Jeep FC I am now in search of LS1/4L60E OR LS3/4L70-80E for 4WD with all the attachments and the computer and harness. My plans or to build the FC with a tilt forward Cab and MAYBE a dump bed. Tilting the cab won't be too big a deal and adding a dump bed is something people do everyday. Maybe I should rethink having a budget after all.

Attachments

• Tilt_Cab_FC-150F.jpg
    Tilt_Cab_FC-150F.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 218

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Following this thread I am. See this I want to.

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
BENEFACTOR
Lifetime Member
City
Cobourg, Ontario, Cana
State
da
Do you own it already? The craigslist ad is still up.
aaaannndd.... Subscribed! :drool: :popcorn:

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
Do you own it already? The craigslist ad is still up.
aaaannndd.... Subscribed! :drool: :popcorn:
Well I have bought and paid for this one. I just spoke with the transport broker and the truck should be delivered to me Friday or Saturday.
I still see that craigslist add myself. These type sales always scare me until it gets here.
I sent him half the money and told him I will send the rest when I get a picture of it on the transport truck.

Attachments

• IMG_1851.jpg
    IMG_1851.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
You better get them to take a picture with the newspaper of the day for " Proof of Life" on this deal !

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
I hope it's not like this.

Attachments

• Coonass SWap Shop.jpg
    Coonass SWap Shop.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 163

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
Feeling better now that I know it's on it's way. It looks like it got loaded up with a fork lift. LOL

Attachments

• IMG_1874.jpg
    IMG_1874.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 124

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
The FC is sitting in my shop so I guess that means it's mine now. It's in surprisingly good shape body and frame wise. It's missing the entire steering system which I wasn't expecting, That should be fun to fine or maybe a opportunity to go with something better. The frame is pretty simple and I doubt it would hold up under the power of a V8 so I'm thinking 4 or 6 cylinder again. Maybe a complete CJ power plant?

Attachments

• IMG_1875.jpg
    IMG_1875.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 84