• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Fender Flare Recommendations

Griff04

CJ-8 Member
City
Albany
State
Ga
This is probably a pretty stupid post but here it goes.

Running 33x12.5s, went up to the hunting camp yesterday, pretty wet-muddy conditions, by the time I was done there was so much mud on it you couldn’t even tell it was white. I don’t mind getting it dirty but that was way too much work getting it cleaned up afterwards.

With the tires extending out past the current stock flares I think I’d benefit from some wider ones. Anyone got any recommendations for the 12.5s, there’s several different widths so unsure what I need, really want just enough to cover tires and keep them from slinging mud everywhere if that’s possible. Maybe I need some mudflaps.

Cmath

Scrambler Enthusiast
Lifetime Member
City
Woodstock
State
Ga
I have been looking at Metalcloak . Different size flares fit on the same mount. Kind of pricey though.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
That's what I used on mine. The fronts fit the Oem holes, the rears take some custom fitting, but work well.

Thanks for the clarification. I drilled and tapped holes in my body armor rather than trying to mount them in the stock location due to rust issues, so I wasn't sure.

Griff04

CJ-8 Member
City
Albany
State
Ga
Thanks for the replies, I looked at the Zenons, good looking units, they have the “stock look” that I’d like to stay with but really don’t want to have to cut or modify the body. I’ll do a little more looking around befor making a decision.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I don't know that a perfectly bolt-on option exists that's going to be any wider :shrug: only choice I'm aware of that's bolt on is stock replacements.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Xenon flares, fronts are CJ specific, rears are YJ flares because they have the "proper" CJ8 squareness vs. CJ7 rears.