• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

TF999

Mancunian

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
City
Bridgeport
State
WV
So i got an 84 Postal down to the frame - i promise to post some pics at some point, however it's pretty much following the same path as Jeepscramblers 1984 Alaskan Postal Scrambler Build. i need him to finish it - otherwise i''ll get stuck sometime;)

Anyhow a here;s the question

On a first peek in the TF999 i notice that there's no filter, it looks like it's been that way for a while. My guess is that the same yoyo that put the pan back with various 8mm bolts didn't bother putting the filter back. The question is what is the likely area of damage? - I didn't notice anything off with the drained fluid, some particles, but nothing bad. I guess i'll have to tear into it, never done an auto before though.

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Interested in this. I have a TF999 in the garage that I am going to open up soon. I hope I find everything nice and functioning, but, since it is old and from a Jeep, I doubt it.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
That's the first time I've ever heard about this one... I would think that the issue would be plugged passages. Was it running/shifting ok?

Mancunian

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
City
Bridgeport
State
WV
I didn't get to drive it much (worried that the drivers seat would depart company) -shifting seemed ok, got to get the frame ready first, i'll report condition of transmission when i get into it

Thanks