• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

eaton trutrac limited slip

Srambler83

Legacy Registered User
City
Houston
State
TX
Can anyone who is currently running a Detroit Truetrac limited slip tell me what differential fluid works best. I am currently installing the eaton Detroit truetrac limited slip with 4.56 gear on the amc 20. Thanks

93_Fummins

CJ-8 Member
City
Edmond
State
OK
Any regular 75w-90 gear oil should be fine. The Truetrac doesn't need any friction modifiers or anything due to the helical gear design.

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Can anyone who is currently running a Detroit Truetrac limited slip tell me what differential fluid works best. I am currently installing the eaton Detroit truetrac limited slip with 4.56 gear on the amc 20. Thanks

You installing yourself? Want to do a nice write-up with pics for those of us who might have one sitting on the shelf that we haven't had time to install? :D

AK-RWC

Legacy Registered User
Gold Member
City
south central
State
AK
You installing yourself? Want to do a nice write-up with pics for those of us who might have one sitting on the shelf that we haven't had time to install? :D

There's nothing special about installing it. It goes in like any other carrier. Just set up your gear pattern and it's done!

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
I know, but I like pictures, and see other people do stuff before I try it!

I've put in lunchboxes, but never replaced the carrier. That's why the truetrac is still sitting in a box.

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Any regular 75w-90 gear oil should be fine. The Truetrac doesn't need any friction modifiers or anything due to the helical gear design.

That's what I use in my Tan Scrambler's front Dana 30's Tru-Trac :cheers::twocents::thumbsup:

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Thank you. I'll look at that, and I've got Stigl's front and rear diff threads bookmarked. The more info I can peruse the better!